We have a fantastic opportunity for a Hospitality Assistant to join our friendly team at Kilve Court Outdoor Centre, working on annualised hours that average 17 hours per week.
Relief opportunities are also available
Kilve Court provides school residentials and holiday camps, we are passionate about outdoor learning where life lessons are learnt, and memories will be cherished. We are located on the Quantock Hills in a stunning area of outstanding natural beauty and with Kilve beach only a stone’s throw away!
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
Our hospitality staff switch between making sure our centre is clean and tidy to assisting with kitchen duties and setting up rooms for groups and events, often on the same shift.
A few things about you
We’re looking for a Hospitality Assistant who;
- Thrives on giving great customer service
- Ideally has previous experience of commercial cleaning and/or catering, or a willingness to learn, as full training will be provided
- Has the ability to work well as part of a team
- Has a motivated attitude and takes pride in their work
The salary for the role is Grade 17, £8,197 per annum for 17 hours per week.
The role will involve working mornings/evenings and some weekends.
Please feel free to get in contact if you have questions about the role. Please contact Martin Conway on 01278 741270 or email MIConway@somerset.gov.uk
All interviews will take place virtually via MS Teams.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
In this role you will need to speak fluent English. More information is in our job pack.
In this role you will require a criminal background check via Disclosure and Barring Service.