HR Business Partner
At Avon and Somerset Police our values are Caring, Inclusive, Learning and Courageous. We are looking for people to join us who are aligned to these values and want to be part of the change in policing to ensure this is how we support our own people and how we deliver our service to all the diverse communities we serve.
Do you think you have the personal motivation, qualities and professional skills to support this transformational change? We need you to join us.
We are looking to recruit two HR Business Partners to join our HR Operations team.
The role of an HR Business Partner within our HR Operations department will be to work in partnership with other Senior Leaders to provide expert and professional HR advice, support, and solutions to enable our organisation to innovate and provide effective people and change management in a demanding and changing environment. You will ensure that the organisation has consideration of the service to the public and the wellbeing of our people at the heart of applying our people processes and practices. We are looking for people who can prompt continuous improvement in how we support our people across our processes to support police delivery through areas such as recruitment, retention, grievance, disciplinary, onboarding, delivering a representative workforce and wellbeing.
As a HR Business Partner, you will work collaboratively with a significant portfolio influencing across the organisation. This involves stakeholder engagement and management throughout the process along with working on various projects at the same time. We welcome applications from different backgrounds and sectors.
In these roles your main responsibilities will be:
- Influencing, challenging and advising Senior Leaders colleagues on the identification of areas of need and development of people initiatives to ensure a high performing organisation, a modernisation of working practices and support for continuous improvement.
- Shaping, influencing and facilitating organisational development and change initiatives to drive through the change agenda and people strategies.
- Identifying external topical issues and trends. Highlight potential impacts on the Constabulary, using benchmarking with a view to identifying best practice and/or identifying suitable external partners with which to collaborate to achieve improved performance within the Constabulary.
- Leading on key people projects and programmes of work as they arise in support of the People strategy for the Constabulary.
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Experience of creativity and innovation in a complex environment
- Experience of leading on high profile projects and initiatives.
- Ability to work with Senior Managers and key stakeholders to identify challenges and drive improvements.
- Great communication both verbally and in writing, with the ability to communicate complex information in a meaningful way.
- Experience of working on your own initiative and on multiple projects.
- Educated to degree level and Chartered Member of CIPD or have equivalent relevant experience.
This role will be largely based working from home but there will be a requirement to travel to our Headquarters in Portishead and other locations within the force area. You’ll have access to free parking, on-site gym, Costa Coffee shop and extensive grounds with wildlife. All minutes from the M5 motorway and within easy community distance across the south west.
We provide the ability to work remotely and flexibly, and in light of the current COVID-19 situation most staff are currently home working.
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to develop their career within an innovative and pioneering organisation. Making a real difference to the communities we serve. Could you be the difference?
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 3 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
Does this sound like the role for you? Click the link below to apply.
Avon and Somerset Police encourage flexible working where operationally possible.
This role has been identified as a blended role.
The successful candidate for this role will have the opportunity to work from home whilst also at a secondary work location, which will be a police premises. The successful applicant will have the option to discuss working arrangements with their line manager. For more information please see attached the blended working principles. All applicants must reside within the UK.