HR Business Partner
The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
HR Business Partner
Location: SDC / Hinkley Point C Site
• Role model safety behaviours and act as an ambassador for MEH on site
• Ensure the delivery of efficient and effective HR service to meet the needs of the MEH project team
• Lead and manage the roll out and management of HR projects and initiatives on behalf of MEH
• Apply subject matter expertise to the development of policy, process or procedure, reflecting internal MEH JV and external best practice, as required through the lifecycle of the project
• Liaise with the MEH Joint Venture partner HR teams to ensure alignment and buy in to MEH initiatives
• Provide day to day advice and guidance to supervisors and managers in relation to emerging HR issues and liaise with the MEH Joint Venture partner HR teams to agree approach and resolution
• Maintain regular contact with MEH Joint Venture partner HR teams to ensure their awareness of internal applicants for MEH roles.
• Ensure the deployment of HR processes in line with extant sector agreements in effect on Hinkley Point C, engaging with supervisors and managers to ensure their understanding and approach is aligned.
• Support the development of appropriate skills, knowledge and behaviours across the business to enable managers and employees to effectively deliver the MEH scope of work.
• Support managers in addressing performance issues, liaising with the MEH JV parent company HR teams to implement performance improvement plans as appropriate
• Support the Head of Workforce in day to day employee relations issues
• Support the implementation of the MEH Just and Fair Culture process
• Provide a weekly dashboard of HR metrics on recruitment, starters, leavers, competencies, attendance etc.
• Support the Head of HR in recruitment activities ensuring “best athlete” principles are applied – take a proactive approach in ensuring roles are filled on a timely basis, in line with internal KPIs
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience
(as per MEH matrix)
• Level 7 CIPD qualification or equivalent experience and should be working towards Chartered status.
• The role would to Band 3 on the CIPD Profession Map.
• Can achieve security clearance (BPSS or higher).
Additional Qualifications/ Experience:
• Experience of working in an alliance or joint venture
• Extensive recent and relevant experience in a similar role in a highly unionised environment, working on site
• Knowledgeable with the ability to influence others
• Effective communicator, able to interact with team members at all levels
• Robust character – able to challenge and withstand challenge if required
• Key stakeholder management skills – the role will interface with multiple MEH JV delivery partner team members, HR, the client and external agencies
• Extensive experience of HR activities in support of industrial populations
• Knowledge and experience of the Hinkley Point C project and understanding of the Engineering Construction Sector Agreement and Sector Supervisor Agreements and the HPC Job Service would be desirable
• Awareness of MEH activities would be desirable
MEH Values attributed behaviours:
• Demonstrates Humility through sharing success as a team
• Demonstrates Positivity through always striving for solutions
• Demonstrates Respect through valuing other points of view
• Demonstrates Clarity through sharing information simply and concisely
• Demonstrates Solidarity through adopting a “One Team” MEH approach
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.