ICT Infrastructure Subject Matter Expert
The M365 Infrastructure Operations Team is responsible for the design, implementation, enhancement, and continued support of Somerset County Council’s On-Prem and Cloud software solutions, supporting hybrid services, which include multi-tenant and dedicated platforms for customers, as well as internal systems. The team has two sub-teams within it, that focus on messaging, communication and collaboration, the power platform and application and operating system packaging and deployment.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You will be the Subject Matter Expert for our entire SCC server estate (On-Prem & Cloud) within the Infrastructure M365 Team, providing Project support. You will have extensive knowledge, and experience, of the Microsoft 365 suite of products. You’ll provide specialist, hands-on engineering support across various Microsoft products including, but not restricted to: Exchange/Online, Teams, Power Automate and Azure AD.
In this role you will be tasked with supporting the creation of a single unitary council that will bring five individual councils under a new single Somerset Council. This is an exciting time for the council and a fantastic opportunity to be involved in.
A few things about you
You will have proven experience in a similar 3rd Line Senior Infrastructure Engineer role, with the ability to communicate at both a technical and management level. The role focuses on implementing, supporting, and maintaining our Microsoft 365 suite of products. We are a business in transition, so flexibility and a willingness to adapt to technological and organisational change is key.
Salary: £35,336 to £39,571 per annum.
The role will involve both working from home and face to face in County Hall, Taunton.
For an informal discussion please contact Joe Byrne via email at: email@example.com
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Share this page