Immunisation Assistants will be the first person patients see and speak to when they arrive to receive their Covid-19 vaccination.
They will deliver brilliant care and direction for every patient, responding quickly to their needs. Immunisation Assistants will be an integral part of the ‘Immunisation Team’ working in our vaccination location. This position will be based within our store however travel to other stores may be required.
This opportunity is for a Fixed Term Contract for 37.5 hours per week and the successful candidate will be required to work some weekends.
About the opportunity
As an Immunisation Assistant you will support the patient throughout the vaccination journey, ensuring a warm welcome, collecting relevant information and observing the patient during the post vaccination phase before they leave. You can expect your role to include, but not be limited to;
- Delivering brilliant patient care
- Greeting patients arriving for pre-booked vaccinations
- Explaining to patients how their appointments will work, ensuring they feel well-informed
- Checking patients have an appointment and ensuring they are in the right place at the right time
- Checking and verifying patient data with everyone
- Capturing patient data and details relating to vaccination on an electronic device
- Observing patients in the waiting area following their vaccination and escalate any potential issues to the appropriate member of the immunisation team
- Working with sensitivity and complying with required governance, policies and standard operating procedures
- Compliance with all health and safety rules and procedures to ensure their own personal safety as well as that of other colleagues and patients
- Acting as a supportive member of the team, working collaboratively to achieve team and organisational goals
- You will be trained in basic first aid skills to support with adverse reactions
To be successful in this role you will have a professional, caring character and a true desire to help others feel good. In addition, you will be:
- Approachable and friendly manner
- Excellent communication and listening skills and able to gather required data from patient
- Able to deal sensitively with anxious / distressed people
- Hold a positive and caring attitude
- Passion and energy to deliver excellent patient care
- Ability to work flexibly and respond to changing work force demand and service needs
- Digitally savvy & comfortable with embracing and navigating technology
- Experience in a healthcare setting desirable
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the post
- Observe and maintain strict confidentiality regarding any data and information in line with the Data Protection Act.
We have a range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit individual needs. These include:
- Competitive pay
- Market leading pension contributions
- Discretionary Annual bonus
- 33 days including bank holidays with the option to buy more
- Bespoke location benefits that could include relocation support
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Boots staff discount
- Access to our flexible benefits such as cycle to work, private medical insurance, additional holiday purchase, gym discount, dental insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance to name a few!
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be a Disability Confident and equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.