The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
Job title : Induction Facilitator
Scope of role
All personnel joining the Hinkley Point C team are required to complete the project introduction prior to their appointment on the project. These Inductions are run from the HPC Induction centre in Bridgwater, Somerset.
Our Induction Facilitators are responsible for the day to day operational organisation of the HPC induction centre. They are customer facing, busy professionals with the responsibility for all administrative activities relating to the on boarding process.
Induction facilitators work as part of a team in order to coordinate the inductions but are often required to use their own initiative and resolve issues as and when they arise. They also liaise with internal and external stakeholders and conduct drug & alcohol testing. All of this requires a proactive and fastidious approach to work.
Customer focus is paramount to the successful operation of the Induction centre, and the role holder will need to display excellent customer service skills. Proficiency in IT and administration is essential.
Pay : £14.13 /per hour
Weekly Hours : 40 hours per week, will require some flexibility to start early or finish late.
- Facilitating the HPC Project Introduction process promoting the ‘World Class’ Induction facility on behalf of the HPC Project
- Efficiently and effectively administrating the Induction process in a timely manner
- Conduct Drug & Alcohol Testing – full training provided
- Communicate the process and expectations for the running of the day in daily briefings to all Inductees
- Coordinate and support the Inductees throughout the day
- Efficiently and effectively update and maintain data in the Workforce Information Management System (WIMS)
- Responsible for the updating of personnel records and qualifications within SAP HR
- Flexible working arrangements (this could include but not limited to Job rotation and a requirement for overtime as well as the possibility for Saturday working during peak periods)
- Liaise with all key Stakeholders (e.g. Occupational Health, Access Control, Contractors etc.)
- Maintain effective communications with all stakeholders
- Maintain customer focus and seek to resolve any conflicts harmoniously to minimise potential disruption or delay to the day
- Provide support in the OnBoarding of small Tier 1 Contractors and Non Managed Service Workers
- Provide support with WIMS Training and minute taking for the monthly WIMS Committee
- Booking Health, Safety & Environment Tests and confirming Job Role competencies
- Maintain confidentiality of all personal information
- General administration duties
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent customer service skills (Front of house experience preferred)
- IT skills are essential,
- Good communication skills are essential
- Strong administration background
- Good organisational skills – Flexible, organised, methodical
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a busy schedule
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work independently and be proactive
- Flexible approach with the ability to multi-task and work on own initiative
- Discretion – Confidentiality when dealing with personal information
- Team player
- Highest levels of integrity, respectfulness and professionalism required at all times.
- Open, trusting and in the spirit of mutual support, especially when dealing with conflicts of interests.
- An engaging and proactive ‘can do’ attitude where successes and failures are shared.
- Doing what we say we are going to do and only committing to what can be done.
- Listen and communicate effectively.
- Ability to plan ahead as far as possible and share intelligence to prevent surprises.
Specific Occupational Requirements
- Able to produce a five year verifiable work history
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.