Pure Electric are recruiting for an Industrial Designer in Glastonbury
Cars and pollution are dominating our city environments in a way that is not sustainable; both for the planet and our health. By offering the best and most advanced micro-electric transport solutions, we will help shape the way we move around our urban environments and at the same time help reduce the environmental impact on us as individuals, communities and the world we live in.
About the Role
We are expanding our product line up fast, and this role offers a great opportunity to see your designs through to mass-manufacture. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering innovative design solutions in support of both upgrades to current product line-up and new product development.
An extensive interest in consumer behavior, trends and buying decisions is key to delivering the right output. This will involve extensive collaboration with internal departments; overseeing the creation of product outcomes that they are responsible for scoping and delivering to market.
Moving forward we anticipate regular refreshing of our range and product specification and therefore we are seeking someone who can work in a fast and flexible way. The successful candidate will ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner and be able to communicate the projects status (including the various aspects of design specification, cost and time) to senior management, whilst being comfortable in challenging scope and specification where appropriate.
This is a full-time role based in the South West of England, and is an exciting opportunity to develop your skill set and work alongside an ambitious, passionate team focused on pushing boundaries, engineering great products and growing fast.
What you’ll be doing
- Preparing 2D and 3D design concepts, based on robust product strategy, designing innovative concept products and engaging with the route to production to ensure feasibility
- Generating isometric visuals and supporting engineering function to realise designs correct to concept.
- Identifying and implementing innovative design practice and systems opportunities to benefit the team.
- Liaising with both internal stakeholders and external subcontractors to assess performance, cost and manufacturing feasibility.
- Interrogating and testing prototype parts for both design quality, fault analysis and iterative improvement
- Maintaining a good working understanding of relevant regulations both in UK and overseas.
- Utilising systems, processes and resources to facilitate the optimal delivery of projects and where appropriate develop new tools/processes.
- Identifying and flagging possible risks to programme delivery / timeline
- Initiating the escalation of issues to enable senior management decision making where appropriate.
- Engaging with opportunities for personal development and training where appropriate.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree qualified design qualification or evidence of high quality / industry design experience.
- Experience using digital drawing packages such as Creative suite and a high level of visual communication capability through drawing / visualisation.
- A good knowledge of EV / micro-EV components, materials and manufacturing processes
- Experience using CAD and creating 3D surfaces (Alias, Rhino, Catia, NX, Solidworks Preferred)
- Knowledge of appropriate technical and legislative requirements & regulations
What you will bring to the role;
- A good understanding of design fundamentals, theories and concepts.
- Strong communication of design concepts and solutions.
- Firm knowledge and application of suitable design practices
- Analytical mind-set, attention to detail and ability to challenge assumptions and convention, preferably demonstrating a comfort with advanced and/or novel development concepts.
- Self-motivated and with a real love for innovation, passionate about delivering products with integrity.
- In depth understanding and application of design processes, with at least a basic understanding of project governance methods and operational/development framework
- Experience of delivering projects which led to physical realisation or manufacture
- The ability to work at speed in a fast turnaround environment, without sacrificing quality of content
- Be comfortable juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- You need to be an enthusiastic individual with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility
- Proactive, self-starting attitude
What we offer
- Competitive salary, pension contribution and 23 days’ holiday
- An awesome countryside location in the South West of England
- Real career progression opportunities, with the chance to grow as we do
At Pure Electric we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply today for the Industrial Designer position.