Information and Disclosure Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an Information and Disclosure Manager to join our Legal and Compliance Services Directorate.
You will be working within a team to ensure that information is managed effectively on behalf of Avon and Somerset.
The post will be dedicated to the Records Management team but there may be a requirement to provide resilience in any of the following teams within Legal and Compliance Services Directorate: Data Protection Disclosure, Family Court Disclosure and Freedom of Information.
As part of this key role you will be managing and leading the Information and Disclosure Officers who undertake research and make decisions in response to requests for statutory or court ordered disclosure of information and the retention, deletion of data in line with local and national policies.
In this role your Main Responsibilities will be:-
- To have oversight of the collation of all appropriate information for their respective team in relation to the management, review, deletion and disclosure of information and risk assess as required in accordance with legislation, policy and guidance
- To interpret legislation and ensure compliance with: Authorised Practice Protocol and relevant legislation
- Collating and providing appropriate management information
- Providing professional support, training and guidance to internal and external stakeholders in relation to the respective areas of expertise to ensure knowledge across the organisation and key stakeholders is up to date
- Maintaining effective working relationships with external stakeholders, regulatory bodies or the judiciary
- Responsibility for the line management and supervision of staff and managing team performance against agreed performance indicators and service level agreements
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required:-
- A relevant professional qualification eg BCS in Data Protection and a thorough working knowledge of the Data Protection Act 2018/UK GDPR, Human Rights Act 1998
- Experience of managing a team and prioritising fluctuating demands to meet fixed deadlines
- Ability to provide professional advice, guidance and presentations to varying audiences
- Experience of developing and implementing new processes
- Experience of providing Management Information
- Experience of composing professional written responses to queries and requests
What we can offer:-
Our values of Caring, Courageous, Inclusive and Learning are at the heart of everything we do and we are always searching for new ways to help our people perform at their best. We believe in empowering you to make decisions and we celebrate success.
We reward our people with an outstanding benefits package, some of these perks include; discounts and savings for you and your family on retail, dining out, holidays and theme parks. In our Headquarters in Portishead, you’ll have access to a 24 hour gym, on-site Costa Coffee shop and beautiful grounds.
If you are looking for a new opportunity, something different to anything you’ve done before and where you can make a difference in a complex, exciting and uniquely interesting environment then Avon and Somerset Police could be the perfect place for you.
We welcome applications from candidates wishing to be considered for flexible working and job share opportunities, subject to meeting business needs.
To be eligible to apply for these roles you must have a 5 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.
Does this sound like the role for you? Click on the blue Apply button below to apply.
We are looking for people who share our values of caring, inclusive, courageous and learning.
Avon and Somerset Police encourage flexible working where operationally possible.
This role has been identified as a blended role.
The successful candidate for this role will have the opportunity to work from home whilst also at a secondary work location, which will be a police premises. The successful applicant will have the option to discuss working arrangements with their line manager. For more information please see attached the blended working principles. All applicants must reside within the UK.