We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive individual to join Avon and Somerset Police as an Intelligence Investigator within the Counter Corruption Intelligence Unit.
In this role, you will be part of a diverse team including intelligence researchers and the criminal intelligence analyst. You will be working as a team together to develop intelligence and information that is linked to corruption or serious breaches of the Standards of Professional Behaviour.
You will be conducting confidential and sensitive proactive and reactive intelligence investigations and working with statutory partners to support and manage counter corruption investigations from point of receipt to conclusion, and as directed by the National Intelligence Model (NIM) process.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- Providing professional support and advice to colleagues regarding intelligence to develop investigations
- Ensuring a strategic approach to gathering intelligence through internal auditing, inspection processes and conducting effective interviews
- Developing intelligence data required for operations and investigations to provide recommendations and intervention opportunities
- Maintaining and developing relationships with key statutory and voluntary partners to improve reporting lines and confidence in reporting.
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Must hold IPP (Intelligence Professionalisation Programme) accreditation or have the willingness to gain it
- Investigative experience with the ability to effectively conduct interviews and carry out research
- Skilled computer user with knowledge of computer databases including Microsoft Office programmes
- Ability to make decisions and problem solve
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Must hold a full and current driving licence
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 5 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.
Does this sound like the role for you? Click the link below to apply.
Avon and Somerset Police encourage flexible working where operationally possible.
This role has been identified as a blended role.
The successful candidate for this role will have the opportunity to work from home whilst also at a secondary work location, which will be a police premises. The successful applicant will have the option to discuss working arrangements with their line manager. For more information please see attached the blended working principles. All applicants must reside within the UK.