IT Support Technician – Bristol / Glastonbury
We are looking for someone to join our IT team, working alongside the Head of IT and Infrastructure and Senior Support Engineer to support a number of startups including a rapidly expanding ecommerce business using the latest SaaS and cloud-based technologies.
They will be providing support to employees, using both Macs and Windows endpoint as well as general infrastructure administration and problem solving of existing on-premise technologies. This full-time role, based in the South West of England, is an exciting opportunity to develop your skill set and work alongside an ambitious, passionate team focused on pushing boundaries, being disruptive and growing fast.
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting cutting-edge cloud IT infrastructure
- Providing IT support in all areas of the business
- Securing networks and advising users on IT best practice
- Working with a wide range of technologies including existing legacy systems
- Supporting with new store openings including ad-hoc travel across the UK.
What you’ll need
You will be able to demonstrate a passion and understanding of cloud-based technologies to provide support to end users. Also, you will be able to find the balance between achieving good security without impinging on work productivity. You’ll have achieved this by having a good understanding of cloud SaaS deployments, network security and end user access, excellent communication skills and a strong customer service ethic.
We are not looking necessarily for someone who knows it all already, but someone with a keen desire to learn and progress with new technologies. The right person will have a broad range of knowledge having worked with a number of different systems including:
You would ideally have experience of:
- Meraki full stack (Firewall, switch, AP, System manager)
- Brocade and Cisco switching configuration
- CCNA or working towards CCNA or other relevant networking certification
- Good understanding of Wifi deployments
- Some working Knowledge of Firewalls
- Office 365 email, Teams and SharePoint administration
- Intune (endpoint manager) Administration
- Windows 10 desktop support
- Apple mac desktop support
- Apple VPP and DEP
- Ipad and iphone support
- General systems support including printers, laptop builds
- Good knowledge of administering cloud technologies
Good to have:
- Ubiquiti Unifi administration
- Cisco WLC
- Linux administration
- PRTG Network Monitoring
- ESET antivirus using ESMC server to manage
- Acronis Backup solutions
- Ring Central or other cloud-based phone systems
- QNAP Storage
Our passion is electric. Imagine a world less reliant cars, with cleaner air and less congestion – we want to make that a reality.
Pure Electric are the fastest growing retailer in the UK and have been voted by LinkedIn as the 3rd top Start Up in the UK. In 2020 alone we have opened 17 new stores and grown our headcount from 30 to over 200. The exciting part is we are only just beginning.
As the UKs leading ebike and escooter retailer we are now heading into Europe with new stores opening in Spain and France. Our aim is to reduce societies reliance on cars, lower air pollution and congestion.
To achieve our ambitions we are looking to hire the very best talent in our stores across Europe as well as at our Bristol/Glastonbury HQ. You will be joining one of the most innovative, fast paced and exciting businesses around. Interested?
At Pure Electric we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Share this job