Junior Property Solicitor
*This role is currently based remotely, with the long-term requirement to work flexibly from our Yeovil Head Office when required.
Having surpassed £2bn in sales in a record-breaking year and an ambitious growth plan in place, there has never been a more exciting time to join Screwfix.
You will be responsible for supporting the ongoing expansion and optimisation of Screwfix’s portfolio of stores and non-retail premises in close collaboration with the property function.
You will be responsible for negotiating and settling leases, licences and agreements for new and existing stores with third party landlords. Instructing, supervising and reviewing output from external lawyers to deliver our ambitious new store opening programme efficiently and to deadline.
Advise on all types of management issues arising from Screwfix’s existing estate portfolio such as renewal leases, surrenders and regrants, licences for alterations, deeds of variation and disputes with adjoining occupiers and landlords
Analyse key data in relation to legal and property situations to assess risk and takes steps to mitigate risk. Control risk and compliance on a consistent and regular basis
Work closely with external advisers, including panel firms and planning consultants.Establish strong working relationships with senior Screwfix property solicitor, wider legal and property team plus other relevant business stakeholders to understand commercial objectives then provide high quality and relevant advice and other deliverables. Collaborate with business colleagues, participating in discussions and decision-making process for property matters.
Provide training to internal colleagues and external partners on legal developments and best practice.
Draft, advise on and negotiate property-related commercial agreements (e.g. construction contracts with contractors, business rates, utility contracts)
- Qualified solicitor (2 to 5 years PQE) with proven excellent technical knowledge of broad range of commercial property law, particularly landlord and tenant matters and portfolio management
- Excellent academic record and training with a leading practice
- Consistent exposure to challenging commercial real estate work with particular focus on landlord and tenant.
- Preferably have some understanding of the differences between all jurisdictions within the United Kingdom and in the Republic of Ireland.
- Regular experience of aligning commercial objectives with legal principles
We’re Screwfix and we’re proud of it. We’re proud of where we’ve come from, what we’ve achieved and our ambitions for the future. But more than that – we’re proud of who we are. We’re 12,000 people each with our own stories to tell. We don’t have a type and we like it that way.
If you join us, you’ll be joining a true market leader and one of the fastest growing retailers in the UK and Ireland with over 700 stores. Your growth will also be critical to us, and we’ll support you to reach your potential and achieve your ambitions, no matter what they are.
We’re also a true leader in the E-Commerce industry, and part of the 77,000 people strong Kingfisher PLC Group alongside big names such as B&Q, Castorama and Brico Depot. Join our team and become a part of #LifeAtScrewfix!
- 33 days’ holiday
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- Currently working flexibly from home
- In-house training and development
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com
Share this job