Landscape Project Officer
Fixed term contract until 31 March 2024
We are looking for an enthusiastic Project Officer to join the Quantock Hills AONB team to support the delivery of our landscape work through the Farming in Protected Landscapes (FiPL) programme and the Landscape & Visual Schemes.
Farming in Protected Landscapes, created by Defra, and managed by AONB and National Park teams across the country, will help farmers, land managers and others to deliver work on the farmed landscape. under the themes of climate, nature, people and place.
The Landscape & Visual Schemes are funded through the S106 / DCO associated with the development of Hinkley Point C. As with the FiPL programme the schemes will help farmers and others to deliver work or by directly delivering projects to enhance the landscape and nature of the wider Quantock area.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You’ll provide advice and guidance to potential grant applicants and support an assessment panel, who will judge applications. You will be developing nature recovery schemes with land managers and supporting them in the delivery though running contracts.
A few things about you
Ideally, you’ll be qualified to at least degree level and have experience of working with a broad range of external stakeholders, in particular farmers and land managers. Familiarity with current agri-environment schemes would be an advantage.
The role will be based at Fyne Court, Broomfield, with flexibility for home working some of the week. The role will include travel throughout the Quantock Hills area.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Iain Porter, Development Officer on 07977 412077 or Chris Edwards, AONB Manger on 07879 487600.
The salary for this role is £22,183 to £25,481 per annum.
Interviews will take place virtually via MS Teams
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.