At Kilve Court we enable young people to discover what they can do – not what they can’t. Every child is encouraged to imagine, discover, and achieve, and our fantastic instructors are the people who make this happen.
We are driven by a passion for residential outdoor learning where life lessons are learnt, and memories will be cherished. We want more amazing people to join our team.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
We offer a comprehensive CPD support package and funding is available for training. The role will involve working evenings, overnights, and weekends.
A few things about you
We are looking for a lead instructor with the following experience:
- At least two years working in the outdoors with young people.
- In-house experience of ‘onsite’ activities (such as low ropes) and 2 NGBs (such as GNAS, Walking Lowland Leader or Climbing Wall Award).
You will join our small team of lead instructors who support our wider team of instructors, to ensure all elements off our centres are operating effectively and giving young people staying with us the best experience possible. This includes leading on training sessions, regular kit checks and daily customer relationships.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
The salary for this role is £17,397 – £18,100 per annum, for 34 hours per week on an annualised basis.
For more information, please call 01278 741270 or email email@example.com
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
This role requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure (DBS) procedure.