Lead Store Team Member
- £9.60 per hour
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years’ service
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- Staff uniform
- 10% store discount
- Access to social and sporting events
Available weekly contracted hours – 32
Lead Store Team Member applicants will be reliable with a hands on approach to work and will enjoy the fast pace of retail, taking direction from and supporting store management in day-to-day tasks.
This role is ideal for applicants who have deputised for retail supervisory team members seeking additional retail operations responsibilities and begin their retail management career.
As part of their ongoing development the successful applicant will complete a 12 week in-store training programme.
- Be an ambassador for your store, creating a welcoming atmosphere for customers
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Till management including banking
- Lead by example and support and motivate team members
- Contribute towards the achievement of KPIs such as sales, salaries and stock loss targets
- Ensure adherence to health and safety and security
Minimum Criteria To Apply
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Tenacious, hardworking and reliable
- Ability to lead and motivate others with some experience of leading a team
- Deal effectively with customer issues
- Able to demonstrate good commercial awareness
- Possess a creative approach to merchandising
- An inquisitive mind with a good eye for detail
- A confident communicator with excellent organisational and problem solving skills and a real ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience of cash handling
- Experience of working in a retail environment is essential, preferably within a high volume, fast paced business
For applications to be considered, applicants are required to have a complete and up-to-date Home Bargains Careers Centre profile and to respond to the job application questionnaire when prompted.
Applicants that are invited to attend a face-to-face interview must present original documentation demonstrating their eligibility to work in the UK, along with other specified documents.
Please note, as we expect to receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, you are advised to submit your fully completed application at the earliest opportunity, as the closing date may be brought forward.
About The Company
TJ Morris Limited trading as Home Bargains is a privately owned family run discount retailer selling top brands at the lowest possible price on the UK high street.
Having started more than 40 years ago in Liverpool our customers continue to be at the heart of everything we do and throughout our 530 stores we have over 4.5 million customers each week.
With plans to increase our store portfolio to 900 stores throughout the UK we are a fast-paced retailer opening 50 stores a year (nearly one every weekend) with a typical annual turnover of £3 – 5m per store – and we wouldn’t have it any other way!
Share this job