Leadership & Organisational Development Lead
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust are excited to be able to advertise for a Leadership & Organisational Development Lead with expertise to design and deliver OD initiatives that develop our organisational culture, build our leadership capacity and capability, grow our colleague experience and support the delivery of our people strategy.
Main duties of the job
Applicants will be skilled communicators, able to influence others with a track record in enabling organisational change using a dialogic approach.
You will have experience in supporting a wide range of organisational development interventions that deliver sustainable improvements in individual, team and organisational performance.
Working for our organisation
The role has the potential to be highly rewarding by developing and supporting individuals, leaders and teams who are passionate about providing the highest quality care to patients across Somerset.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Will use their understanding, knowledge and skills of organisational development and engagement theory to develop and implement leadership and organisational interventions across Somerset Foundation Trust.
Will work closely with Head of Leadership, Learning and Development and People Business Partner teams to encourage and enable partnership working across Somerset Foundation Trust in line with the people strategy.
Will provide support to the Head of Leadership, Learning and Development and the Assistant Director for Leadership, Learning and Development in developing and delivering the people strategy for Somerset Foundation Trust.
Will work in collaboration with Service Directors to ensure people development needs are met and aligned to the People Strategy and organisational goals.
To lead on, contribute to and evaluate projects and initiatives across the spectrum of OD primarily focusing on leadership development – aligning these to strategic programmes of work as well as the emerging needs of the organisation.
Design and implement an engagement strategy linked to organisational strategic aims and objectives. Provide facilitation, coaching and personal and team development to improve individual and team effectiveness and to enable people in the organisation to deliver their objectives.
- Educated to Masters level or relevant, equivalent experience in the OD, HR or L&D field
- Post Graduate level or relevant equivalent experience in leadership, leadership development or organisational development
- Specialist OD certification in relevant area e.g. NLP, MBTI, Coaching, Mentoring, Facilitation
- Qualified or equivalent experience in project management
- Professional registration with relevant body e.g. Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), Chartered Management Institute
- Expertise in and experience of organisational design and development including change management
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Knowledge of NHS Leadership and Organisational Development Work
- Significant proven experience and knowledge in leadership development and/or OD theory and practice
- Proven experience in influencing positive culture and colleague engagement
- Experience working as a lead in a development role
- Proven experience in conducting analysis of individual and organisational development needs in relation to colleague engagement and influencing a change to a positive culture
- Significant experience in providing and receiving complex and sensitive information, using negotiating, persuasive and empathetic skills
- Experience in motivating and engaging senior managers providing reassurance and gaining cooperation
- Proven experience in supporting and/or managing organisation wide projects and delivering anticipated outputs/outcomes
- Experience of coaching and/or mediation
- Experience in providing culture, colleague engagement and organisational development services in an NHS setting