Learning and Disabilities Coordinator
Pluss, part of Seetec Pluss and the Seetec group, is an award-winning Community Interest Company that supports thousands of people each year to achieve a career and fulfil their true potential.
Our employment operations help jobseekers who need the most specialist support to find work. Our enterprise operations run alongside to create direct employment opportunities in a wide range of job roles. The projects give people the opportunity to get involved in local communities, meet new people and have fun through a range of activities.
Positive People and Hopeful Families are funded by The European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund
We have a new and exciting role as a Learning and Disabilities Coordinator. You will be responsible for conducting gap analysis within the directed field, to determine current service availability and scope and identify opportunities within the specified geographical area to deliver Pluss services.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in business-to-business sales, marketing, and networking and able to cold call and close agreements with employers and working with people with multiple and complex needs, including health conditions and disabilities. You must have an understanding of how to affect positive behaviour change. You must also have strong written and verbal communications skills and understand the importance of accurate paperwork and contract compliance.
- Work with local teams and support organisations within the target area to complete gap analysis to fully understand current provision and employment opportunities for participants with Learning Difficulties and Learning Disabilities.
- Working with current provision and support organisations to identify suitable referral partners.
- The ability to meet with potential partners and deliver presentations on findings of gap analysis with a view to generating new business.
- Identifying key stakeholders within the designated area and developing close working relationships to enable progression of the Pluss organisation.
- Work with employers to establish a baseline for employing those people with disabilities by using the Disability Confident approach.
- Promotion to employers to become Disability Confident (DC) and further progression through the DC operational levels.
- Maintain a database of DC employers and those prospective employers that are open to employing those with LDD needs.
- Meet contractual and personal performance targets, key performance indicators and all quality and compliance measures.
For full details see full job description: https://ourjobs.seetec.co.uk/pluss/learning-and-disabilities-coordinator/
Skills and Experience
- GCSE or equivalent in English and maths at grade C or above or equivalent qualification or experience
- Understanding of how to affect positive behaviour change.
- Level 3 award in employability services sector or equivalent
- A level 2 award of working with people with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Knowledge of the labour market in the local area
- Knowledge of barriers to employment
- Knowledge of employment legislation governing recruitment practices.
- Knowledge of social media utilised for networking and lead generation.
Salary: £29,858 – £32,554 p.a (dependent on experience)
Hours: – 37hrs per week – Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 17.00pm Friday 8.30am – 16.30pm
Closing Date: 23 June 2021
In light of Covid-19 Interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Birthday Day off, Pension, Competitive Salary, optional discounted Medical and Health Cash Plans, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Eye Care Scheme, access to a wide range of local and national discounts.
Pluss is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”.
Pluss is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
*If you require assistance with your application or an alternative format please contact the recruitment team on 01702 201070.