Learning and Improvement Co-ordinator
The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
Learning and Improvement Co-ordinator, Hinkley Point C, Competitive Salary & Benefits
A career that will deliver change. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero
Contract Type: Permanent, full time
Location: Hinkley Point C
We are currently recruiting a new exciting role for an Learning and Improvement Co-ordinator who ideally have qualifications or practical experience in the field of health and safety. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Learning and Improvement Manager. More specifically, you will be responsible for the deployment and ongoing development of Learning and Improvement processes and the support of continuous improvement activities on the HPC Project. Furthermore, the L&I co-ordinator will be instrumental in the day to day management of the project’s learning platforms.
The Learning & Improvement function provides the framework for the gathering, assessment and communication of learning on the HPC project, in addition to enabling compliance with Nuclear Site Licence condition LC7. Learning & Improvement underpins the EDF Energy Zero Harm principles by providing the administrative controls for identifying, recording, reporting, tracking, investigation, and notification of events on site.
You will be instrumental in the day-to-day management of the project’s learning platforms, including the ongoing support of the supply chain interface with the nominated learning platforms.
Do you have passion for health, safety, the environment and continuous improvement?? This role could be for you!
- Administering Learning & Improvement process activities including identification, screening, investigation, quality reviews, and processing/publishing of Learning from Experience (OpEx) to share with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide the expertise and assurance to site management for reporting of events in accordance with Site Licence Condition 7 requirements.
- Use and interpret data analysis tools, write trend reports, identify recommendation/actions for the site management team.
- Provide guidance to the Programme Delivery Teams and be a focal point for Learning & Improvement matters. Support the coordination of benchmarkingg activities to ensure learning is captured and actioned;
- Be the Secretary and/or Chair for the HPC Periodic Screening Meeting ensuring all preparation requirements are met and meeting outputs managed and processed;
- Provide support to the Corrective Action Review Group as directed by the L&I Manager;
- Provide the connectivity and be the conduit for Learning & Improvement activities to other parts of the business and external locations.
- Act as the primary point of L&I contact for the administration and management of the HSE elements of the Project’s reporting tool.
The successful candidate will be characterised by the following knowledge, qualifications and experience:
- NEBOSH Award or higher, or analogous Health and Safety qualification.
- Proven ability to influence and drive adoption of Learning & Improvement practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills, coupled with attention to detail.
- Familiar with working in a high hazard industry.
- Works with enthusiasm and energy and can engage with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Competent with using IT applications and databases.
- Min 5 GCSE or equivalent including Maths and English Language.
- Ability to work within a dynamic environment.
- Qualification in Business Administration or equivalent
- BTEC ONC/HNC or equivalent in Engineering/Construction discipline
- APM Introductory Certificate or equivalent qualification in Project Management
- Experience of using error reduction techniques
- Understanding of Human Factors
- Ability to develop and deliver training activities.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We’re happy to talk about flexibility in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
#WeAreEDF and are leading the transition to a cleaner, low emission electric future, tackling climate change and helping Britain achieve net zero.
We are leading the UK’s nuclear renaissance, we’re constructing a new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C, with plans for new power stations at Sizewell C in Suffolk and Bradwell B in Essex. Around a fifth of the UK’s electricity is generated by our eight nuclear power stations, helping power our customers’ homes and businesses.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. It’s a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we’re about the people who work with us – a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that’s vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we’ll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.