Learning & Development Coordinator – 9 months FTC
We are now recruiting for a Learning and Development Co-ordinator in our Learning Department. Reporting to the Learning Management team, working within a small team this busy role requires someone who is organised and possesses excellent communication skills, this role will ensure the coordination of training delivery and development for leadership and specialist skills training.
You will provide comprehensive support to the team responsible for developing our staff across the force. You will coordinate training and development in line with the programme requirements and use our Learning Management Systems and to liaise with stakeholders both internal and external to Avon and Somerset Constabulary.
In this role your main responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring training plans, directories and data management information are updated for use by internal and external partners
- Coordinating respective training resources, training events and classrooms
- Quality assuring and maintaining training and assessment records
- Sourcing and preparing training information and performance reports as required
- Be a first point of contact for training and assessment issues, providing advice and guidance to the training team, policing areas and other departments/service users
- Acting as a single point of contact for students throughout their learning to ensure the best learning experience is achieved
- Ensuring Continuous Professional Development and Operational Competence is maintained.
Skills, qualifications and experience required:
- Excellent administrative and computer skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Ability to prioritise and manage your own workload
- Experienced in organising & planning training events
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 3 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
Does this sound like the role for you? Click the link below to apply.
We are looking for people who share our values of caring, inclusive, courageous and learning.
To find out more about our Inclusive Culture
To enable us to deliver outstanding policing for everyone, we need people from all backgrounds with a range of professional and life experiences so that we are truly representative of our communities.
Why work for Avon and Somerset Police?
Avon and Somerset Police has gained a reputation as a pioneering and innovative force, responsible for policing a large diverse, multi-cultural population.
If you are looking for a fresh challenge which offers a genuine opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives, variety and the chance to broaden your experience, then Avon and Somerset is the force for you.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Avon and Somerset Police are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are working hard to increase diversity and inclusion within the Constabulary, where communities are under-represented, including those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities, people of all ages, abilities, faiths, religions and gender, LGBT communities and those from other disadvantaged or marginalised backgrounds, who share our values and wish to make a difference to the communities we serve.
All applications will be treated on merit, based on the evidence provided in your application and suitability for the role you have applied for.
All requests for flexible working patterns will be considered and will be dependent on the role.
Recruitment and Selection Policy
Internal applicants who are at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment and pass the selection process, will be offered the role over the remaining internal and external applicants.
Police Barred and Advisory lists
Individuals placed on the Police Barred and Advisory lists will not be considered for employment by the police for a minimum of 5 years from the date of listing in the case of gross misconduct, or 3 years from the date of listing in the case of poor performance.
Vetting and safeguarding
Avon and Somerset Police are committed to safeguarding and operate safer recruitment processes, to ensure a police service that employees are proud to work for because they feel safe, valued and part of a happy and supportive work environment. All employees and volunteers therefore will be subject to background checks including vetting and references.