Learning & Development Manager
The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
Role : Learning and Development Manager
To lead a team providing a comprehensive learning and development service across the MEH Alliance, to support delivery of the right skills to support current project success and future skill requirements; ensuring that all those working within the MEH are suitably skilled and qualified to undertake their roles.
To support the delivery of all MEH objectives under Works and Services Task Orders through the provision of an end to end Learning and Development service.
Accountable for ensuring that:
· Competency and skills requirements for all roles within the MEH Alliance have been identified;
· that all those seconded to the MEH Alliance have been assessed against those competencies and skills
· training plans are developed to bridge the gap between the role requirements and the individual’s competence assessment
· appropriate training programmes are developed/sourced to deliver the required training
· apprenticeship frameworks are established and training delivered in accordance with MEH requirements and expectations
- Ensure that the roll out of competency assessments at all levels of the MEH project team is completed within timescales, and that a robust ongoing monitoring programme is put in place to ensure identified training needs are addressed, with the ability to demonstrate compliance, in line with ONR requirements.
- Ensure key construction related training programmes are delivered in line with requirements:
- Supervisor development programme
- Engineering Construction Operative programme
- RCC-M upskilling programme
- Selection of an appropriate on-boarding and induction tool
- Develop/source and implement cost effective training/development programmes and evaluate all training to ensure its effectiveness against cost and meeting project requirements.
- Ensure that appropriate training records are maintained, either within the parent companies or centrally within MEH, subject to a data sharing agreement being implemented. Undertake effective analysis to provide the leadership team with relevant information to support decision making and to provide evidence as required by the client or ONR.
- Manage relationships with training providers, ensuring that proposed training programmes deliver value for money
- Undertake regular evaluation of training programmes to ensure that they remain fit for purpose
- Identify sources of grant funding, such as apprentice levy, and maximise recover.
- Ensure KPIs and metrics are developed and agreed and report on return on investment from training and development interventions.
- Manage Development and Assessment Centres.
Qualification and Experience
- Degree or equivalent plus Chartered MCIPD
- Essential: Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior learning and development role.
- Essential: A strong foundation in Learning and Development with considerable experience of L&D design and delivery
- Essential: Extensive experience in a highly unionised, industrial organisation
- Essential: Extensive experience of safety training within a large scale, highly complex site
- Essential: A ‘ready-to-go’ toolkit of programmes you have run before and are ready to run again
- Desirable: Extensive experience of a joint venture or alliance
Attributes and Skills
Positive, can-do mentality
- Strong team player with a proven track record in managing multiple stakeholders, ideally within a joint venture situation
- Flexible and adaptable with excellent organisational and planning skills
- Able to manage a busy workload and multiple priorities
- Clear communicator and facilitator at all organisation levels
- Resilient character, with the ability to challenge others and to welcome challenge
- Ability to create an environment of continuous improvement
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Share this job