Burnham-on-Sea Community Infant School
Learning Support Assistants (SEN)
23.75 hours per week – Mon – Fri 8:55am -3:05pm Term Time Only
Grade 15: Pt 3 – 4
£9.78 – £9.98 per hour (£18,887 – £19,264 pro rata)
Temporary contract from 1st September 2022 until 31st August 2023 in the first instance (dependent on the needs of the pupils and them remaining at the school).
Burnham Infant School is a large infant school catering for children aged 4-7.
We are looking to recruit some enthusiastic, energetic and caring Learning Support Assistants (1-1 support) to add to our current team. The roles will involve supporting children who have specific needs which include ASD and hearing impairment needs.
- Minimum NVQ level 2 or equivalent in supporting teaching and learning, early years, Childcare or other relevant area;
- GCSE grade C+ in English & Maths or equivalent;
- Some experience of working in an infant/primary school setting;
- Experience in supporting children with SEN needs;
- Ability to relate well to children and an awareness of their needs.
Application forms, job description and person specification are available on the school website.
Closing date for applications: Midday on Wednesday 24th August 2022
Interview date: Tuesday 30th August 2022
This post requires a criminal background check via the disclosure procedure.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and it is expected that all staff and volunteers share this commitment.
Burnham-on-Sea Community Infant School, Winchester Road, Burnham-on-Sea. TA8 1JD
Headteacher: Mrs Carly Hatch