Library & Information Officer
We have a 19.5 hours per week opportunity for a Library & Information officer in Burnham-on-Sea library.
If you haven’t visited a Library in a while you may not fully appreciate what we offer, from Lego groups and Code Clubs, to IT courses and knitting circles, and anything and everything to do with reading for pleasure. Our ideal candidate is a reading enthusiast who is more likely to organise a Harry Potter party and tweet about it than say ‘Shhh’.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
Libraries are about books and so much more. We’re offering this brilliant opportunity for you to join us as we continue to evolve as an innovative service. From day one you’ll be working in a customer centred environment, a busy community hub that serves a diverse range of people, partners and organisations.
A few things about you
We are looking for well-motivated people to provide a welcoming environment to our customers. You will be hard-working and receptive to change, with a wide general knowledge, an interest in books, and a digital curiosity. You’ll work in a team, dealing with enquiries and requests, planning and delivering interactive activities, and promoting our services. You’ll be encouraging the love of reading through a range of promotional activities. Confidence in the use of digital technology is essential; as you will be helping customers to use our equipment and their own.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
For an informal chat about the post please contact Nathan Crook on 01823 356801 or 07976697115.
The salary for this role is £9,978 to £10,381 per annum
There are also relief opportunities available. Relief work patterns vary depending on service needs and how much you wish to work.
All interviews will take place virtually via MS Teams
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.