Lifting Engineer (Alimak & Hoists)
MEH Alliance / Altrad Services
Hinkley Point C
• Planning team to ensure lifting activities (and associated prep work) are prioritised
• Creation of the Processes and Procedures to effectively control MEHA lifting activities
• Develop of lift plans in accordance with NNB Management of Lifting Operations Standard
• Ensure that the lifting equipment is thorough examined (including lifting accessories)
• Selection of appropriate lifting accessories, including their method of attachment to the load, and any protection used to prevent damage
• Briefing all lifting/rigging supervision in the lifting operation to ensure that the safe system of work described in the lift plan is understood.
• Handover of the lift plans to the Lift/Rigging Supervisor
• Plan resource to ensure there is a Lift/rigging Supervisor designated to direct personnel and to ensure that the operation is carried out in accordance with the lift plan
• Investigate all hazards within the operating area
• Liaise with any other persons or authority, as required to overcome any hazard, by including any necessary corrective action or special measures in the safe system of work.
• Lifting procedures
• Lifting coordination plans
• Lifting introduction studies
• Lift Plans
• Ensure lifting activities under the MEH scope comply with legislation, standards, COP.s and NNB lifting standard
• Promote and maintain health and safety, including site inspections to ensure safety rules are being implemented in support of a positive Nuclear Safety Culture.
• Support the Lifting Lead to ensure compliance with all nuclear safety and site licence requirements
• Support the Lifting Lead to ensure weekly & monthly reports are compiled and produced in a timely manner for upward review
• Support the Lifting Lead to ensure resource to meet organisational requirements are available in line with the delivery schedule.
• Support the Lifting Lead to ensure the project is delivered on time, budget & quality, and reported as per the HPC requirements.
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience
(as per MEH matrix)
• CPCS A61 Appointed Person (Blue Card)
• ECITB Appointed Person Moving Loads and TAP01
• NVQ Level 3 Steel Erecting/Moving Loads
• Can achieve Security Clearance (BPSS or Higher)
• IOSH managing safely
• Lift planning using Mobile/Crawler/Tower cranes
• Lift planning of rigging operations
• AutoCAD proficient
• Proven track record in nuclear power preferred
• Experience working on major construction projects
• Experienced in delivering and operating as a Team Lead, including experience working within Joint Ventures
• Positive, can-do mentality
• Proven track record of success.
• Strong leader with collaborative nature
• Ability to reach sensible compromise position
• Strong focus on team performance, training, mentoring and integration with client and Alliance teams.
Working Pattern of Attendance and Location(s):
MEH Values attributed behaviours:
• Demonstrates Humility through sharing success as a team
• Demonstrates Positivity through always striving for solutions
• Demonstrates Respect through valuing other points of view
• Demonstrates Clarity through sharing information simply and concisely
• Demonstrates Solidarity through adopting a “One Team” MEH approach
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.