Locality Lead Health Interface Service
A bit about us
Are you an experienced social worker or occupational therapist looking for an exciting new opportunity? We are looking for a passionate and knowledgeable practitioner to provide inspirational leadership for a team based in Musgrove Park Hospital or Yeovil District Hospital.
The Health Interface Service (HIS) works to both prevent admissions into the acute hospitals, finding quick solutions for those who do not require admission and to ensure people are discharged from hospital as soon as they are ready to go with the right support under the intermediate care model.
We do this by:
- Being at the forefront of understanding the out of hospital needs of individuals
- Getting involved in discussions in the acute hospital to identify the discharge pathway for people leaving the hospital. We always work from a home first perspective.
- Maintaining a focus on the person throughout their hospital experience and keeping them informed
- Supporting the journeys of people who may have never been part of health and care
- Continually looking at opportunities to help shape the design of non-traditional services
- Developing partnerships and a seamless approach with the health sector
- Linking with informal support services to reduce the need for a formal care provision.
- Providing a 7- day service from 8am – 6pm
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You will lead and support a team of social workers and adult social care practitioners.
- At the front door, find quick solutions to support individuals when they do not need an acute hospital admission by working with our health and community partners.
- Proactively supporting timely discharge processes by working with Discharge Liaison Services
- Maintaining pace and focus on the individual and their discharge
- Utilising discharge to assess services with health and providers on a locality basis so that individuals remain in their own homes wherever possible.
- Working closely with community, health and the third sector, through the neighbourhood hubs to provide better outcomes for people, develop plans and reduce the need for readmission
- Using data and patient stories to demonstrate that the service is helping and improving outcomes for all.
- Under direction from the Locality Manager provide social care challenge to health colleagues regarding decision making, planning and legal requirements.
- Providing leadership and supervision to social care staff within a health setting.
- Liaising with key partners to facilitate improved provision of services, team training and recruitment.
You may be required to work your hours as part of a rota to cover 7 day working between 8am – 6pm.
You will have the opportunity to shape how services in your area are delivered, designing the way that your team operates and bringing in creative ways of working.
A few things about you
- A positive, optimistic outlook
- A belief in the possibility of change
- An ability to imagine a different way of doing things.
- A belief in the view that home is best
- Clear and inspirational leadership
- Good understanding of data and an ability to evidence this in your practice
- Considerable knowledge of Adult Social Care practice
- A passion to make a positive difference to the lives of service users
You will need to have a real understanding of the challenges of working in an acute hospital environment and an eagerness to ensure the rights and involvement of the individual in the hospital are championed.
If you are interested in finding out more before applying, please get in touch with us on the below emails to arrange a chat. We’d love to hear from you.
Rachel Dinning, Musgrove Park Hospital: RDinning@somerset.gov.uk
Maxine Walton, Yeovil District Hospital: MLWalton@somerset.gov.uk
Interviews will be held virtually via MS Teams.
This is a full time role with a current salary of £34,728 – £38,890 per annum. In this customer facing role you will need to speak Fluent English.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.