Logistics and Yard Supervisor
Competitive Salary DOE
8-5 Monday to Friday (Occasional holiday cover required from 7am, plus shared rota for out of hours on-call)
ABP Langport are currently recruiting for a Logistics and Yard Supervisor at their beef processing plant in Somerset. Reporting to the Logistics and Purchasing Manager, this role has been created to support the site in its growing needs as a business. You will predominantly be based in and around the yard managing material handling equipment, providing support to the Logistics and Purchasing Manager, and also carry out organisation and office based duties so candidates must be computer literate.
Main duties include;
- Supervision of yard staff, including shunter driver and security contractors, this includes ad-hoc cover and rota organisation.
- Take responsibility for overall site cleanliness, reporting any defects and raising security and safety concerns.
- Oversee and provide support with the implementation of onsite company accommodation
- Responsible for external site cleaning rotas and duties – allocation of duties as appropriate
- Maintain all MHE (Mechanical Handling Equipment) records to include compliance, health and safety and cleaning records
- Support the Logistics and Transport Manager to ensure transport provisions are met
- Ensure trailers are fit for purpose at all times
- Carry out administration tasks associated with the position
- Provide ad-hoc cover for FLT and shunting duties
- Shared out of hours on-call provision for site security and any site issues
Ideal Candidates will have the following attributes;
- Experience of working in an external facilities or similar estate/yard-based position, ideally at supervisory level.
- Good administration and organisation skills. Flexible approach and used to working in a fast moving environment.
- MHE/FLT and/or shunting experience desirable, however training will be given.