The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
Logistics Coordinator – Wilson James
Site Based – HPC Power Station TA5 1TP
Summary of role
Working with the NNB Delivery Management System (DMS) this role forms part of the MEH Logistics Coordination Team coordinating all vehicle and material movement up to building access areas including unloading activities.
To utilise various vehicle and material management systems in order to create forecasts and daily coordination plans supporting MEH Alliance Building Logistics and installation teams.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Health and Safety responsibilities
All work is carried out in accordance with HPC and MEH site procedures and training provided.
• Comply with the WJ Health and Safety Policy, procedures and protocols at all times
• Ensure you have received a Point of Work Risk Assessment (PoWRA) daily and had read your Method Statement and Risk Assessments before commencing any daily activity.
• Only carry out works as detailed in your POWRA or from your line manager.
• Ensure that you are working in accordance with the safe system of works, as briefed by your Line Manager
• Ensure that you are fit for work prior to reporting for duty each day
• Report any health and safety concerns to your line manager
• Once Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) has been issued ensure that you keep it serviceable at all times and report any defects to your line manager
• 6 point PPE is required in all construction areas and external compound areas.
• Use STAR – (STOP/ THINK/ ACT/ REPORT) if you are unsure about the working environment or conditions.
Required skills & Experience
• Valid CSCS card is essential for the position – Minimum Green CSCS
• CITB Health & Safety Awareness course for Operatives
• Good written and verbal communication
• Good IT Skills and understanding of booking software
• Demonstrate the ability to think and act quickly under pressure.
• Maintain a high standard of personal presentation
• Reliability – maintain a good work ethic and routine
• Able to demonstrate an ability to work as part of a team.
• An understanding of the principles of equality and diversity in relation to visitors’ or colleagues needs.
• Radio Communications Confident
• Working within a construction site in compound areas
• Ability to work with other internal processes and systems.
Qualifications & Licences
• CSCS card
• CITB H&S module certificate
• Driving License
• First aid at work
• Manual Handling trained
• Fire Marshal Trained
Site Specific Information
- £14 an hour salary
- 39 working hours per week (Bell to Bell site hours)
- Monday to Fri – core hours and breaks to be agreed and discussed at Interview
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.