Yeo Valley Farms
As a Logistics Operative you will be joining an integral team in our Supply Chain operations. Working in a distinctive, ambitious and trusted manufacturing company that is committed to making great British dairy the right way. Forever. Working closely with the Team Manager you will ensure the intake, storage, picking, packing, control and dispatch of all stock.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Booking in stock, storing stock and managing any stock related issues
- Undertaking stock checks
- Ensuring the presentation standard of packed/picked goods meet both company and customer requirements
- Ensure safe use of all equipment, escalating any breakdowns or issues with equipment to your Team Manager
- Maintaining a high standard of Health & Safety following closely company procedures
- Minimising wastage where possible
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic works pace ensuring that hygiene standards are met
Sounds interesting, what do I need?
- Good communication skills
- Good level of numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment
- Previous experience of working in a warehouse/packing role is desirable
- Certificates in basic food hygiene and health & safety are also desirable
Why should I join the family?
We are independent, British and proud to be making the highest quality yogurts, desserts and ice cream under the Yeo Valley brand and for many of the UKs major retailers. Operating from four dairies and two logistics centres in Somerset and Devon, we employ over 1700 staff and produce more than 25% of the UK’s packaged yogurt.
We’re sure you don’t need convincing, but there’s a whole host of benefits that we offer including: 20 days’ holiday, pension scheme, healthcare cash back plan, life cover, cycle to work scheme, subsidised products and services and preferable rates with our partners.
Please bear in mindt hat our closing dates are used as a guide for when the application window is expected to close. We reserve the right to close the application window sooner than the date displayed if we can. We therefore recommend that you get your application in straight away – and don’t miss the opportunity to join us.
Share this job