As a Logistics Operative you’ll be joining an integral team in our Supply Chain operations. Working in a distinctive, ambitious and trusted manufacturing company that is committed to making great British dairy the right way. Forever. Working closely with the Team Manager you’ll be responsible for the intake, storage, picking, packing, control and dispatch of all stock. This role involves using Counterbalance and Reach trucks. Experience of using Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) is desirable, however full training will be provided if required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Booking in stock, storing stock and managing any stock related issues
- Undertaking stock checks
- Ensuring the presentation standard of packed/picked goods meet both company and customer requirements
- Ensure safe use of all equipment, escalating any breakdowns or issues with equipment to your Team Manager
- Maintaining a high standard of Health & Safety following closely company procedures
- Minimising wastage where possible
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic works pace ensuring that hygiene standards are met
Sounds interesting, what do I need?
Why should I join the family?
We’re independent, British and proud to be making the highest quality yogurts, desserts and ice cream under the Yeo Valley brand and for many of the UK’s major retailers. Operating from four dairies and two logistics centres in Somerset and Devon, we employ over 1700 staff and produce more than 25% of the UK’s packaged yogurt.
We’re sure you don’t need convincing, but there’s a whole host of benefits that we offer. It goes without saying that you’ll have access to free parking, top of the range personal protection equipment (PPE) and your own locker. You’ll also receive the following:
Our closing dates are a guide for when the application window should close, although we may close the advert sooner if we can. So, we recommend you get your application in straight away – and don’t miss the opportunity to join us!
Unfortunately, we’re not able to provide employment sponsorship to candidates at this moment in time.
Please note that Yeo Valley do not accept speculative agency applications; we will only accept applications from preferred suppliers that have been submitted to us via our recruitment portal at the point of instruction.
Share this page