Logistics Operator DAYS
As a General Operator in Logistics, you’ll be joining an integral team in our Supply Chain operations. Working closely with the Team Manager, you will ensure the intake, storage, picking, packing, control and dispatch of all stock.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Booking in stock, storing stock and managing any stock related issues
- Undertaking stock checks
- Ensuring the presentation standard of packed/picked goods meet both company and customer requirements
- Ensure safe use of all equipment, escalating any breakdowns or issues with equipment to your Team Manager
- Maintaining a high standard of Health & Safety following closely company procedures
- Minimising wastage where possible
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic works pace ensuring that hygiene standards are met
Sounds interesting, what do I need?
The important things:
- Good communication skills
- Good level of numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment
- Previous experience of working in a warehouse/packing role is desirable
- Certificates in basic food hygiene and health & safety are also desirable
- You’ve worked in the dairy or FMCG business previously
Why should I join the family?
We’re independent, British and proud to be making the highest quality yogurts, desserts and ice cream under the Yeo Valley brand and for many of the UK’s major retailers. Operating from four dairies and two logistics centres in Somerset and Devon, we employ over 1700 staff and produce more than 25% of the UK’s packaged yogurt.
We’re sure you don’t need convincing, but there’s a whole host of benefits that we offer including:
- competitive holiday allowance
- non-contributory pension scheme
- life cover
- healthcare cash back plan
- cycle to work scheme
- subsidised Yeo Valley products and services
- preferential rates with our partners
- annual bonus (as part of the Employee Benefit Trust, based on company performance for the year)
- learning and development opportunities; we’re committed to ensuring all of our employees have the chance to grow
Our closing dates are a guide for when the application window should close, although we may close the advert sooner if we can. So, we recommend you get your application in straight away – and don’t miss the opportunity to join us!
Unfortunately, we’re not able to provide employment sponsorship to candidates at this moment in time.
Please note that Yeo Valley do not accept speculative agency applications; we will only accept applications from preferred suppliers that have been submitted to us via our recruitment portal at the point of instruction.