Parkfield Primary School
Lunchtime Support Assistant
Hours of work: Monday – Friday for 1.5 hours a day to cover lunchtimes
7.5 hours a week – Term time
Fixed term initially to 31.03.2022
Salary: Grade 16 pro rata – £9.43 per hour
We are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic team player to join our school lunchtime team as soon as possible.
This is an important role in our school. You will be required to assist the children during their lunch and playtime with both indoor and outdoor activities, supporting and joining in with play to encourage inclusive, lunchtime breaks. The duties also include the setting up of the dining hall for lunches and clearing away at the end of the lunch period, you will be required to put out the tables, chairs and play equipment so the job does involve lifting.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, highly motivated and with a passion for this role. You will need to demonstrate that you are flexible, calm, patient and caring and have the ability to fit in with a dedicated and hardworking staff team and become part of our friendly and supportive school community.
We are a successful and welcoming primary school where children are at the heart of everything we do. We can offer the successful candidates:
- A happy school with wonderful children
- A friendly and supportive staff team
- Full training and support
- The chance to help us make a difference
We are proud of our school and would normally love to show you around. If you would like to learn more, then please contact the school business manager, Mrs Scott, who will be delighted to answer any questions you may have.
Once in post, if you are suitably qualified, there may be opportunities to:
- Join our dedicated and enthusiastic wrap-around team and helping us to make a difference for the children in our care. The club is normally open Monday to Friday, between 7:50am and 8:45am, and between 3:30pm to 5:30pm, during the school term.
- Provide support to teachers in the learning and personal development of pupils, helping all our children to make the best use of the educational opportunities available to them.
Parkfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required of the successful candidate.
Closing date: Monday 23rd August 2021