The Aurora Group is an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
Foxes Academy is an Ofsted outstanding specialist college for young adults with learning disabilities (18-25 years old). We offer training in independent life skills, plus the opportunity to learn catering skills in Foxes Hotel. The happiness, well-being and success of our learners is at the centre of everything we do.
Your role will be to assist in the overall maintenance of the site by ensuring that all the buildings and grounds are kept in good order, clean and ready for use.
With a strong emphasis on Health & Safety, you will be expected to ensure that the building and grounds are continually fit for purpose for students and staff to enable them to fulfil their roles.
- To be prepared to assist in all areas of building repairs and maintenance, subject to skills and experience, including floods, burst pipes, blocked gutters, broken windows, failure of electrical equipment, redecoration, and damaged or dangerous furniture and equipment.
- To act as a key holder, carrying out security procedures for the buildings and grounds. The routine and non-routine opening of premises and grounds.
- Responding to calls outside normal working hours as a result of break-ins and emergency repairs are required.
- Priorities and schedule all maintenance and repairs in consultation with Managers, giving due consideration for the working and living environment of learners, staff and hotel guests.
- Work professionally and collaboratively with all colleagues and teams across the Academy.
- Contribute professionally, effectively and efficiently to any meetings, reports and plans as requested across the organisation.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate the following
- Must be a driver
- Good literacy/numeracy and communication skills
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to work with hardware tools and power equipment
- Detail-orientated with an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Health and Safety certificate in the work place
If this opportunity is something of interest, please contact the Recruitment team on 07918144908 or email Natasha.email@example.com.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer
Share this job