Maintenance Technician (Electrical)
Hinkley Point C
Competitive Salary & Benefits
An opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Maintenance Technician to join the Asset Management Team within the site Construction Directorate. Based at Hinkley Point C you will be part of an expanding multidiscipline team responsible for planning and executing maintenance on equipment that will be required to build Hinkley Point C Power Station. The role will primarily be focused on maintaining equipment in NNB warehouse facilities, this may well extend to performing maintenance activities on plant and equipment on site which has been handed over from installation contractors. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering maintenance to required standards set by the equipment suppliers and NNB HPC.
- The Electrical Maintenance Technician will be required to adhere to company policies, procedures and protocols for construction, health & safety and Quality.
- Ensure all Preservation and Maintenance activities are delivered to NNB HPC standards, Supplier requirements, Statutory and Regulatory requirements, and Industry best practices
- Integrate and build relationships with NNB Warehouse Service Provider, Equipment Suppliers, Installation contractors, construction delivery teams and other key stakeholders on the site.
We are seeking experienced technically competent personnel who is willing to contribute their knowledge and skills to ensure all equipment receives high quality maintenance in readiness for installation on site. Also, to support the development of the team whilst growing their own technical knowledge and experience in one of the nations key infrastructure projects.
As an Electrical Maintenance Technician, you will:
- Ensure maintenance arrangements support compliance with regulatory, company policies and industry best practice; attend internal and external committees, working groups, forums, and meetings.
- Establish, manage, and execute equipment Preservation and Maintenance programmes., whilst promoting the highest standards of safety, quality and efficiency for preservation and maintenance.
- Review Preservation and Maintenance strategies provided by suppliers and translate them into maintenance tasks using the NNB Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system.
- Integrate and build relationships with key stakeholders to enable delivery of maintenance activities to supplier/NNB HPC standards.
- Support continuous improvement by identifying and reporting events, areas for improvement and good practices to enhance performance.
You will have served a recognised Apprenticeship or equivalent in an Electrical discipline with a minimum of 4 years post Apprenticeship experience working in heavy industry. Experience of using an EAM system for delivering maintenance programmes would be an advantage.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ post apprenticeship experience delivering maintenance within Electrical/Mechanical discipline.
- City and Guilds or NVQ Level 3 qualified in an Electrical discipline
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with industry best practices for maintenance
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a defined contribution pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus. This role is full time based on a 37-hr week; flexible working arrangements will be considered in line with the company policy.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Share this page