St. Margaret's Hospice
Marketing & Events Officer
Our patients, their families, our staff, volunteers and supporters are at the heart of our charity
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Fundraising & Communications Team in a new role, which will see you take responsibility for developing and marketing our portfolio of events as we phase our return to public fundraising in line with the roadmap out of lockdown.
After twelve months of restrictions, which have limited our ability to organise fundraising, we are eager to start engaging again with our local community and putting on exciting new events.
As well as taking ownership of our flagship St Margaret’s mass participation events, you will have the chance to bring your own ideas and experience to help innovate our event portfolio and ensure that it continues to appeal to a range of audiences, both physical and virtual.
Whether it’s organising a fun run for 600 people, or hosting a celebratory black-tie Ball, you will have the knowledge, skills and experience to put on fantastic events, which focus on offering supporters a first-class experience. You will understand the brand awareness opportunities of events, but also recognise the importance of achieving a good return on investment for the charity.
This post will report to our Marketing Manager, reflecting the emphasis we wish to place on engaging and recruiting new supporters to take part in hospice events, through a range of communications and digital techniques.
As part of a wider team, you will play a pivotal role in delivering our three-year strategic framework, which has at its heart the need to embed first class supporter experience. You will ensure that our supporters receive tailored communications and are fully supported in their journey with the hospice.
Everyday St Margaret’s Hospice Care helps patients, families and carers across Somerset who are facing a life-limiting illness. This care and support is provided in the community, in patients own homes, as outpatients and day patients at our Taunton and Yeovil hospice hubs and in our In-patient Unit.
If you would like to make a real difference to patients and their families across Somerset, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Proven track record of planning and implementing successful charity, mass participation and challenge events that generate a profitable return
- Knowledge and working experience of using a range of marketing techniques to target and engage audiences
- Experience of working with, motivating and managing a team of volunteers
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- Ability to plan and organise busy workloads, taking into account changing priorities
What we offer
In return we offer a rewarding role in a stimulating and positive working environment, with active support for training and opportunities to develop new skills, while knowing that you are helping to make each day count for individuals and families in Somerset. Benefits include:
- Auto enrolment for eligible staff in Workplace pension scheme.
- Free car parking.
- Initial 28 days annual leave (including bank holiday) pro rata increasing dependant on length of service.
- Eligibility for NHS discounts – Blue Light Card etc
Confidential and free 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family offering:
- Legal, Financial and Medical Information and Advice
- A Vitality & Wellbeing health portal
For more information or an informal chat, please get in touch with Hollie Cashmore, Head of Marketing and Communications: email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 21 April 2021
Interviews: Friday 30 April 2021
Share this job