Media and Communications Assistant
Location: Taunton (Deane House and other offices as required)
Salary: £27,741 – £29,577 (Grade F)
Hours: Full Time, 37 hours per week
Job Ref No: CMMCA
Closing date for applications: 9am, Thursday 21 October 2021
Interviews: w/c 1 November 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team as a Media and Communications Assistant.
We are looking for someone to support the Communications and Engagement team in facilitating good communications between elected members, partners, the media and the local community. The person we are looking for will be a confident writer skilled in media communications with previous experience in this field and a positive can-do attitude.
As part of the Communications and Engagement team you will support the production of communications material and publications for the Council. You will also be required to respond to media enquiries and provide occasional social media support.
For more information on the post, please contact email@example.com.
Benefits of working with the Council
- The Council offers flexible and agile working, with excellent technology to support this
- The Council Offices provide a pleasant, comfortable and modern working environment and a fleet of pool cars for use on official business
- The Council offer a generous annual leave entitlement as well as an option to purchase additional annual leave
- Other benefits include the Local Government Pension Scheme, payment of professional subscription if required for the role, an Employee Assistance Programme, access to My Staff Shop which include salary sacrifice schemes, discounts and deals
- Employees also are eligible for free use of the gym and swimming pool during off peak times and discounted gym and swimming membership at peak times
- A relocation allowance may apply if eligible