Cygnet Health Care are currently recruiting a Medical Secretary to provide comprehensive secretarial support to Consultants, Speciality Doctors, Associate Specialists, the therapy team and nurses, as required.
Your Day-to-Day as Medical Secretary…
You’ll be working 40 hours a week in a Hospital setting with which supports adults with mental health problems and learning disabilities.
- Provide a high standard of secretarial support to members of the medical team.
- Establish a good working relationship with clinicians and professionals involved in patient care.
- Understand and demonstrate the appropriate need for discretion and confidentiality relating to all patients.
- Prioritise and produce high quality reports including admission, discharge summaries and mental health tribunal reports.
- Minute taking and Typing CPA (Care Plan Approach) Reports/Minutes/Care Plan Outcomes and liaising with the CPA Office regarding the same.
- Create and maintain all patient PC records and paper files
- Relevant experience within a mental health setting and relevant qualifications desirable.
- Experience in a Medical Secretary role desirable.
- Flexible, organised, able to prioritise workloads, solve problems & make decisions.
- Calm under pressure & can work under your own initiative.
- A strong written & verbal communicator with an eye for detail and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly proficient in the use of Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Windows & the internet.
- Experience in minute taking essential
- Driver preferred, not essential
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply for job’ button.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
Cygnet Hospital Taunton provides specialist inpatient services for older adults with mental health problems and for men diagnosed with a learning disability. The hospital also provides an acute inpatient admissions service for men over the age of 18.
The hospital is situated in a rural setting amongst Taunton farmland, within acres of peaceful fields. This quiet and tranquil environment offers great benefit to our service users who are able to walk in the expansive hospital grounds and take in the countryside scenery.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.