Mental Health Act Administrator
We are recruiting for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Mental Health Act Administration Team based at Cygnet Hospital Taunton. This post is Full time, 40 hours per week – 6 months sickness cover
Applicants will be expected to provide excellent clerical and administrative support within the team and to effectively manage their own caseload of service users.
This will include scrutiny of legal documents, rectification of documents, the monitoring of spread sheets to ensure legal documents are received in relation to treatment and renewal of detention. They will provide assurance that patients’ rights under Section 132 are adhered to and be responsible to arrange patient’s hearings, if they appeal to the Mental Health Tribunal or Hospital Managers.
Applicants will be required to use their own initiative to manage and prioritise their own caseloads. They must be a team player, meet tight deadlines, able to adjust plans accordingly without warning and possess excellent communication skills.
Applicants must possess knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act to enable them to administer the Act and provide relevant information to clinical staff.
We are looking for people who have:
- Previous administration experience including report preparation, organising meetings, liaising with customers/clients
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) with qualifications in English and Maths
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Experience of working in a Healthcare environment alongside medical practitioners is desirable
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act 1983 (MHA 1983) is desirable
- Knowledge of compliance and auditing systems required by regulatory bodies (CQC) is desirable
In return we’ll offer you:
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Health Cash Plan
- Subsidised meals on duty
For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
If you are interested please click on the “apply now” button.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.
Share this job