Mental Health Social Worker – Inpatient Team
We have a social worker post available within the Mental Health Social Care Service in Somerset.
The inpatient team is a small geographically dispersed team which meets regularly. Your work base will be within a locality mental health social work office which will be on the same site as some of the inpatient wards and which is co-located with community mental health teams and home treatment teams.
The service works with adults with no upper age limit and young people transitioning to adult services.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
This is a fast paced role within the Hospital Team which works with all the Mental Health Inpatient Units in Somerset. This opportunity is suitable to start or develop your career in a mental health setting, with the potential to train as an Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP).
You will be the dedicated hospital worker for one or more wards, providing you with a great opportunity to build good working relationships with both inpatient and community multi-disciplinary teams. You will need to use all your social care skills to engage with people in creative ways, to find out what matters to individuals and to promote their recovery and independence. Working with families and local communities is central to our approach. We work to support people to live in the community following hospital admission where possible as we know this achieves the best outcomes for people.
Access to transport is essential due to Somerset being a rural county.
A few things about you
We’re looking for a qualified Social Worker who has the following qualities:
- Knowledge of mental health social care and the legal frameworks that inform practise
- Strong social care values
- A ‘can do’ approach
- High standards of practice
- The ability to robustly advocate for people’s human rights
In essence, we are looking for people who are passionate about doing the right thing with and who have the right personal attributes.
All interviews will be taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams.
If uploading a CV please also include a supporting statement confirming how you meet the criteria.
To find out more about these posts or to arrange a visit, please contact Teri McDonald at TxMcdonald@somerset.gov.uk or Telephone number 01823 368244
Why choose Somerset County Council
We offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees, including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screening.
- Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
- Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.