Network and Voice Team Manager
This role is currently eligible for a market supplement in addition to the basic salary to reflect determined market conditions. Eligibility for and value of Market factors are reviewed on an annual basis and are not contractual. It can be confirmed, therefore, that a market supplement at the rate of up to £7,000 per annum will be payable.
The Network and Voice Team Manager is a key senior role within the IT Directorate with the responsibility for the Avon and Somerset Constabulary Network, Voice and Data Centre roadmaps, Security and Infrastructure ensuring delivering a great user experience for all of our workforce.
We are seeking a highly experience Network and Voice Team Manager who understands and supports the latest technologies with the capability to maximise the value from internal and external provision.
We are looking for someone who has the experience of a wide range of network and voice management processes, technologies, tools and associated infrastructure in order to assume day-to-day responsibility for design, implementation and on-going support of our wide ranging network and voice infrastructure systems.
You will have a good knowledge, both theoretical and practical of a wide range of communications systems, networks, software, hardware and supplier services and will understand the technical requirements of the organisation. You will also be budget conscious and possess strong interpersonal skills.
In this role your Main Responsibilities will be:-
- Managing and leading a team and departmental performance by leading, motivating and coaching staff to ensure high quality outcomes. You will represent the IT Directorate internally and externally locally, regionally and nationally.
- Responsibility for the network specification and design. You will produce network designs with criteria covering connectivity, capacity, interfacing, security, resilience, recovery, access and remote access. You will deliver and maintain overall agile network and voice plans to support the IT Directorate’s strategy and Roadmap.
- Working on an industry-standard blend of SLA-based reactive work (for example: reviewing/resolving daily alerts and performing manual checks; responding to faults and change requests, assessing and fulfilling incoming customer requirements) and planned work within a structured environment (eg standards development; compliance maintenance, assurance and remediation; solution design and implementation; delivery of capacity management and refresh programmes).
- Ensuring that the network and communications infrastructure has the capacity and security required for the day-to-day and strategic requirements and needs of the organisation.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications required:-
- Experience of managing a Network and Voice Infrastructure team
- Experience and extensive knowledge of a wide range of network and voice technologies
- Experience and knowledge of network specifications, design and security
- Cloud technologies
- Third party supplier management
- Knowledge of Cloud solutions such as Azure, AWS
- Microsoft Server technologies
- Data Centre
- Experience in writing high and low level solution designs
What we can offer:-
Our values are key, each and every employee embraces these in everything they do:- CARING. COURAGEOUS. INCLUSIVE. LEARNING.
Our mission is forefront of it all, we are here across the whole of Avon and Somerset to SERVE. PROTECT. RESPECT.
How we reward you is linked to our culture, it’s about more than just salary.
You will have access to free onsite parking, an onsite Gym, a Pension Scheme, a subsidised Canteen and an Onsite COSTA coffee just to name a few. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
If you want to go home challenged and satisfied every day or night, working for an organisation that has a clear vision in providing outstanding policing for everyone, you won’t want to miss this opportunity.
To be eligible to apply for these roles you must have a 5 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.
Does this sound like the role for you? – Click on the blue Apply button below to apply.
We are looking for people who share our values of caring, inclusive, courageous and learning.
To find out more about our Inclusive Culture
To enable us to deliver outstanding policing for everyone, we need people from all backgrounds with a range of professional and life experiences so that we are truly representative of our communities.
Why work for Avon and Somerset Police?
Avon and Somerset Police has gained a reputation as a pioneering and innovative force, responsible for policing a large diverse, multi-cultural population.
If you are looking for a fresh challenge which offers a genuine opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives, variety and the chance to broaden your experience, then Avon and Somerset is the force for you.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Avon and Somerset Police are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are working hard to increase diversity and inclusion within the Constabulary, where communities are under-represented, including those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities, people of all ages, abilities, faiths, religions and gender, LGBT communities and those from other disadvantaged or marginalised backgrounds, who share our values and wish to make a difference to the communities we serve.
All applications will be treated on merit, based on the evidence provided in your application and suitability for the role you have applied for.
All requests for flexible working patterns will be considered and will be dependent on the role.
Recruitment and Selection Policy
Internal applicants who are at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment and pass the selection process, will be offered the role over the remaining internal and external applicants.
Police Barred and Advisory lists
Individuals placed on the Police Barred and Advisory lists will not be considered for employment by the police for a minimum of 5 years from the date of listing in the case of gross misconduct, or 3 years from the date of listing in the case of poor performance.
Vetting and safeguarding
Avon and Somerset Police are committed to safeguarding and operate safer recruitment processes, to ensure a police service that employees are proud to work for because they feel safe, valued and part of a happy and supportive work environment. All employees and volunteers therefore will be subject to background checks including vetting and references.