Night Care Supervisor Taunton
Salary: £10.82 – £12.05 per hour
At Somerset Care, our values and culture is what makes us different. It is the culmination of all things we do that makes us a very special company to work for.
As a Care Supervisor, you will be closely supporting customers to enable them to do everything they need to do to live well. Our customers deserve to be supported by someone who can share the next chapter in their life and make a real difference.
A Night Care Supervisor is one of our most essential roles and involves:
- Leading and co-ordinating the care and support staff working within the home whilst running the shift.
- Mentoring, supporting and reviewing our team of Carers.
- Ensuring appropriate staffing numbers are met on each shift.
- Working/liaising with other professionals, such as a GP, Social Worker and families.
- Adhering to the Company’s policy in relation to the safe storage, handling and recording of medicines and treatments.
- Supporting our customers by accompanying them to appointments, shopping, and helping with daily living routines including washing, dressing and personal care.
- Providing companionship and making someone’s day that little bit easier.
- Ensuring that a person centred approach is adopted to meet the identified needs of our customers.
- Keeping clear and accurate computerised records of the care and support provided.
- Supporting customers in order to improve health and wellbeing in order to maintain contact with family and friends e.g. skype, internet.
- Being responsible working with the team for the safety and well being of the customers, staff and visitors to the home.
- Ensuring that any concerns raised by the team are appropriately managed.
What you’ll need:
- A caring, kind and empathetic approach.
- To be passionate about making a difference.
- A level 2 in Care or equivalent.
- A minimum of one years experience in a care role.
- An understanding of the needs of older people.
- Ability to lead, motivate and engage a team.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- To work flexibly on set shifts including weekends.
- A basic level of IT or willingness to undertake basic IT training with support.
You will be given full training and support right from the outset.
We can offer you so much more than a career, we offer the chance to gain qualifications whilst working, progression opportunities and many other fantastic benefits of working for a large care company. All we ask is that you are passionate about helping others.
If you would like to make a difference to people’s lives we would love to receive your application, or to find out more, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01823 448321.
Somerset Care, so much more rewarding. Do more than a job, change a life………