Night Hygiene Operative
We are currently seeking to recruit a Night Hygiene Operative for our factory in Langport. This is a key role in our business as the night hygiene team are responsible for the cleaning of the abattoir and boning hall, plant and equipment so they are clean and food safe, ready for the next day’s production.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out cleaning of all plant and machinery schedules in accordance with operating instructions
- Carry out cleaning using correct COSHH procedures
- Carry out cleaning tasks using appropriate amount of resources to minimise wastage
- Report any machinery or plant issues to supervisor to facilitate timely repairs
Knowledge & Experience
- The ideal candidate will be reliable and trustworthy to carry out tasks with the minimum of supervision.
- You will have a high attention to detail and be flexible to carry out tasks to support team colleagues to ensure the plant is maintained in a food-safe clean manner.
- Cleaning work is varied and physically demanding; you also need to maintain a good focus level throughout the shift.
- On the job training will be provided and you must be able to demonstrate a level of literacy and numeracy in order that you are able to understand the training, operating instructions and COSHH instructions.
Hours of work: Monday – Friday; 6pm – 4am