Willowdown Primary School
The Clevedon Learning Trust (CLT) was launched on 1st January 2015. The CLT is currently formed in two geographical areas, Clevedon and Bridgwater. The CLT brings with it a new, innovative and student focussed approach to education within local communities.
The CLT will provide high quality education and experiences for children and families. We will achieve this through our formal school partnership, using the most effective teaching and learning strategies, the best resources and facilities and the clearest progression routes for our children from the age of 0 to 18.
Willowdown Primary School
Willowdown Primary is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare and safety of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Clearance via the Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Service. Willowdown promotes equality of all children and adults within the school and the wider community. We promote equality of race, gender and ability and always look for feedback on whether we can make further improvements.
Our school is at the heart of a growing and establishing community and we have strong collaborative links with local primary schools both within and outside the Clevedon Learning Trust. We work with schools within the Trust to offer lots of career development opportunities for staff to explore.
The Nursery and Reception are currently expanding and moving into brand new, purpose build rooms within the school’s new Phase 2 extension. From September 2020 we will have two Reception classes and expand to 45 Nursery places from January 2021. We also benefit from a large site, with spacious indoor and outdoor spaces and excellent facilities for outdoor learning.
The school’s ethos is one of ‘Happy Children, Successful Learners, Confident Individuals’. Parents actively support their children and we have a committed and supportive Local Governing Body. Our values are important to us and guide the decisions we make to improve standards. Love, Enthusiasm, Achievement, Respect and Nurture (LEARN)
Required for April 2021
Start date: April 2021 Maternity Cover Fixed Contract
Grade 3 (Level 2/3) £18,562 – Pro Rata: Hourly rate £9.62
27.5 hours per week Term Time Only
38 working weeks plus 5 inset days
Our expanding Nursery needs a new Nursery Educator!
We are a friendly, supportive school that offers wonderful children who want to learn. Excellent opportunities exist for you to develop your leadership talents in our innovative and forward thinking school.
If you are looking for a challenge, have a passion for leadership and commitment to ensuring children learn and do the best they can, this is the school for you! We are looking for an inspired, creative, confident person to join our school at what is a very exciting time.
We are seeking to appoint an innovative, hard-working Deputy Nursery Manager to join our happy and dedicated team. We want someone to help lead a rich and engaging EYFS curriculum across the Nursery in partnership with the Reception team, where the children are active learners and are nurtured to develop a curiosity about the world around them. This post is suitable for experienced educators and experienced or emerging leaders.
As an excellent practitioner you must:
- Be an excellent educator – at whatever stage in your career – with in-depth knowledge of child development
- Be a visible and decisive leader in our Nursery setting
- Have high aspirations for both yourself and every one of our children
- Be passionate about meeting the needs of all children
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a deep understanding of language development
- Value working in teams and partnerships and understand how to get the best from both experienced and new staff
- Be skilled at fostering independence and pupil-led learning
- Be reflective, resilient and ambitious, keen to develop your professional expertise
- Engage with all aspects of school life, parents and the wider community
- Be committed to ongoing professional development
- Be willing to deputise in the absence of the Nursery Manager
- Be willing to use IT systems for payment and assessment
- Children who are engaged, curious, willing and eager to learn
- A creative, positive and friendly staff team
- A supportive environment where there are many opportunities for professional development
- A chance to collaborate with colleagues, with year group partners, as well as local networks and professionals
- A growing and well-resourced primary school, set in excellent school grounds, where opportunities for high quality outdoor education are facilitated
- A brand new Nursery setting in our new Phase 2 building
- An opportunity to share a real, relevant and engaging curriculum
We are excited to offer you the opportunity to join our team and hope you will want to further explore this with us. A conversation with the Head Teacher & Nursery Manager, prior to application is strongly encouraged and we would ask you to arrange this with Mrs. Ro O’Reilly & Mrs. Cat Griffiths through the school office.
Application form and Job Description available from the school office & on the school website; please phone 01278 558758 or email Denise Rogers – Drogers7@willowdownprimary.co.uk They can also be downloaded from the school website: www.willowdownprimary.co.uk. If you would like to discuss the vacancy further before submitting your application, please contact Denise Rogers via email: email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: Friday 5th March 2021 Interview date: Friday 12th March 2021
Share this job