Occupational Therapist – Adults
Why Join Somerset County Council?
If you join Somerset County Council as an Occupational Therapist, we will give you the freedom to be innovative, to influence change, and to really touch people’s lives. You can Do It Your Way.
We have changed the way we work to focus on promoting independence for everyone – so that people can do the things that matter most to them and live the life they want to live. We are doing things differently to put the person at the centre of everything we do and to look creatively at how we can meet people’s needs.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
We are currently looking for a dynamic Occupational Therapist to work in one of our Community teams. As a strong team player, you will be dedicated to supporting people at home to maximise their independence and live fulfilling lives. Working in multi-disciplinary teams you will find creative solutions, focused on using people’s strengths to support a wide range of client groups. We have a formal programme of induction and CPD get you up and running in your new post, with ongoing support from our dedicated Learning & Development team. We are constantly looking at new ways of working and there are exciting opportunities for those who wish to embrace the challenge!
A few things about you
We are looking for qualified Occupational Therapists who are unafraid to do things differently. You will be:
- HCPC Registered
- Forward thinking and full of new ideas about how we can improve lives.
- Innovative and creative
- Solution focused to support people to be independent
- Experienced within Social Care
- Passionate about advocating for others.
You will influence the development of the adult social care service, you will bring your ideas to the table and you will be encouraged to make improvements to ways of working. We want you to invest in this journey as much as we will invest in you.
Access to/use of a vehicle is an essential requirement for this role.
All interviews will be taking place virtually, for example over MS Teams.
If you are interested in finding out more about these exciting opportunities, please get in touch as below:
Housing and Community Team – Paulette Baker, Principal Occupational Therapist on 07976693739
In this customer facing role you will need to speak Fluent English.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.