Operations Manager (Maternity Cover)
Alice Temperley MBE founded her eponymous label, Temperley London in 2000, and continues to head up the creative direction of this British, independent brand. Alice pioneers artisan techniques and intricate hand-worked embellishment; an aesthetic synonymous with her creative style.
The core business focuses on women’s ready-to-wear collections, which have evolved to offer a comprehensive range of daywear, cocktail and eveningwear.
In this role you will ensure the smooth running of all day-to-day activities within the Head office in Ilminster, Somerset.
You will plan, design, implement, analyse and improve every aspect of the business operation in order to achieve the highest level of productivity, including logistics, inventories, IT and staff management.
Our ideal candidate
- Similar experience in operations management from any industry.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash-flow management.
- Sound knowledge of stock control and warehousing
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate others
- Solid understanding of IT process with the ability to effectively manage IT service providers
- Project management experience preferred
- 25 days annual leave
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- A company culture that allows employees to be empowered and accountable in their own areas of expertise
- Generous clothing allowance
- Pension with employer/employee contributions
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year
- 1. Management of Head Office P&L
a. Working closely with the FD, managing all Head Office costs to ensure they are delivered in line within budget, highlighting any risks and opportunities on an ongoing basis
b. Ensure all required contracts are in place and adhered to
c. Continuously compare and negotiate on company contracts and suppliers
d. Manage company grants verifying which ones we can achieve
e. Ensure sufficient processes are in place to allow all teams to work effectively and efficiently and support where required
f. Work alongside HR on recruitment and effectively manage the freelance budget
g. Ensure Health & Safety guidelines are set up and adhered to
- 2. Support the CEO and Creative Directors’ vision throughout ongoing Head Office renovations
a. Provide project management support to any new initiatives
b. Alongside the FD, work with the local council to review potential financial support available to Temperley London
c. Ensure this is delivered to completion
- 3. Maintain the IT strategy to ensure that Temperley IT delivers in all areas required to support the business
a. Nurture relationships with key IT partners including Prima, Giotechand Retail Pro, WFX (Product Management)
b. Maintain long-term strategy with each to ensure our IT processes are fit for purpose in order to support Companywide growth and efficiency
c. Perform regular cost reviews and minimise where possible
d. Perform regular Business Process review with Prima, including key recommendations for system and process improvement plus Prima integration with warehouse
e. Work collaboratively across the Temperley London team to deliver enhanced capabilities throughout all processes and procedures
f. Working with all teams, deliver enhanced availability of reporting and knowledge management to strengthen the quality of information and decision making
g. Deliver Retail Pro set up functionality across retail locations
- 4. Stock control and warehousing
a. Regularly review our end-to-end stock processes and procedures (from Goods Intake booking to sale) across all business areas
b. Deliver enhanced processes to ensure that stock accuracy is maximised across all locations
c. Working with the Finance, Retail and Logistics teams to produce a monthly stock report by location (units and cost) to improve overall business visibility of stock
d. Alongside Logistics and Retails teams perform bi-annual stock counts across all locations, highlighting any required actions as a result
e. Buying responsible for company packaging needs, e.g. boxes, bags etc. for stores and offices
f. Alongside Retail and Logistics teams consider specific areas as follows:
i. Goods Intake
ii. Returns Process
iii. Inter branch transfer process
v. Staff Clothing Management
Apply for the Operations Manager position today!