Milford Infant School
We are recruiting for a Parent & Family Support Adviser in Yeovil.
15 hours per week
Working arrangements to be agreed
Temporary in the first instance depending on funding
TERM TIME ONLY
Grade 12 point 12-19
Actual Salary £7471 – £8582
Required to start ASAP, a Parent and Family Support Adviser to provide advice and guidance to families, parents and students to encourage their involvement in the school environment and thereby improve their learning opportunities.
The post will involve investigating and working to resolve some of the following issues:
- The circumstances behind absence from school.
- The circumstances contributing or causing children and young people to be unable to make the best use of time at school.
- School transition.
- Undertaking Early Help Assessment.
- Liaising between home and school.
- Undertaking the role of Lead Professional where appropriate.
- Developing specific pieces of work in agreement with the family, which may involve home visits.
- Devise, implement and monitor action plans.
- Presenting information to individuals and groups of parents regarding behaviour.
- To work with the Education Welfare Service to help deliver action plans.
Previous experience of the role would be an advantage in light of the timescales involved with this appointment.
An application form is available from our website at www.milford-inf.somerset.sch.uk or by post on request.
Closing date for applications: Friday 29th January 2021
Milford Infants’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect all staff to share this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.