Woolavington Village Primary School
Parent Family Support Advisor (PFSA)
Part-time (13 hours per week across 2 days, Term Time Only)
1 year Fixed Term Contract in the first instance
with scope to extend, funds permitting
Start date: September 2021
Clevedon Learning Trust is actively looking to appoint a PFSA for Woolavington Village Primary School from September 2021. The position is part-time, working 2 days per week, Term Time Only.
Woolavington Village Primary School and Nursery is a vibrant and welcoming village school serving the village of Woolavington and the surrounding area.
The work of the PFSA will allow children and families to feel supported and will ensure effective outcomes in terms of improving mental health, wellbeing, relationships and home and school circumstances for many of our families. Vulnerable pupils deserve to be identified and receive support from PFSAs who are well-trained, clear about their role and feel well supported to deliver their vital intervention. We can offer you coordinated support in every aspect of your role.
The Trust offer:
- An exciting opportunity to work at a unique village school
- A team with a great sense of fun, passion and dedication, where the children’s learning and enjoyment is at the forefront of all we do
- Support from Bridgwater’s PFSA co-ordinator to understand expectations of the role as well as the opportunity to shadow a PFSA working effectively already
The Trust is looking for a PFSA who has:
- A passion for improving outcomes for vulnerable children
- Understanding of safeguarding and school-based support work
- Ability to work with different agencies involved in safeguarding
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- High levels of organisation, motivation and confidence
- Strong communication and administrative abilities
The school has a commitment to safeguarding children and has a culture of vigilance to support this. The post holder will be required to undergo a disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service before taking up employment.
Visits are strongly encouraged. Please contact Woolavington Village Primary School to request an application pack. Telephone 01278 683267 or e-mail email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 21 June 12 noon
Interview date: Wednesday 23 June 2021