Part Time Driver
Are you an experienced driver, used to transporting passengers with a variety of needs? If this sounds like you, would you like to be part of our Transport Team, working 20 hours per week in the Mendip area?
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
Your duties will include:
- Safe Operation of SCC Vehicles.
- Completion of Daily vehicle Checks before use.
- The transportation of the service users within a safe and timely manner.
- In most cases, working in conjunction with a passenger assistant to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all.
- To deliver a friendly and reliable service for our service users.
A few things about you
The salary for this role is £10,234 to £10,647 per annum.
If this is a customer facing role you will need to speak fluent English.
For an informal chat about a role with us please contact James Warren on 07976 799802.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to join us as our driver, then please click ‘apply online’, we’d love to hear from you!
We also have relief opportunities available. Relief patterns vary depending on the needs of the service and how much you wish to work. The current relief rate of pay is £9.81 per hour.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees, including:
– A Local Government Pension Scheme.- Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel.
– My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth.
– A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screening.
– Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
– Staff discounts in gyms.
– Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
– Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
In this role you will need to speak fluent English. More information is in our job pack
In this role you will require a standard criminal background check via Disclosure and Barring Service
Share this job