An exciting opportunity has risen for a Payroll Assistant to join the team in Yeovil!
This is a full time 37.5 hours, fixed term position for 18 months.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will need previous payroll experience however will be given relevant training to enable them to support all aspects of NHS payroll processing on a day to day basis.
You will be joining the team at an exciting time and will play a valuable and essential role within the team, we can offer you a positive and supportive environment to work in, with excellent support from your manager and colleagues.
Working for our organisation
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, fantastic pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stones throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will to experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan there is truly something for everyone!
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The post holder will :-
- To ensure prompt processing and payment of salaries to all employees for whom payment is due, in accordance with relevant policies, procedures, terms and conditions and statutory regulations.
- To be responsible for accurate calculation, processing and input of payroll data to the computer system (ESR).
- to be responsible for the secure and confidential treatment of all payments records and personal information, ensuring correct authorisation is obtained before the release of sensitive and confidential information.
- To receive new employee information by managers checking all documentation thoroughly and creating the appropriate payroll and associated elements (e.g bank account details Tax Ni and Pension deductions)
- To receive check and action changes to employees contract information given to us by the relevant managers.
- To retain a knowledge of all HMRC regulations.
- To process authorised travel and subsistence claims, ensuring correct rates are paid and the HMRC requirements are met.
- To be responsible for the maintenance and updating of all employee records to ensure accurate payment.
- To ensure correct and most up to date legislation, terms and conditions, policy and procedures are adhered to in all calculations.
- To provide advice to staff and managers on all matters pertaining to Payroll
- To formulate letters and spreadsheets using Microsoft Word and Excel either as an original document or using a standard format template to ensure accurate information is documented, calculated and communicated.
- To audit and highlight when department procedure needs updating of amending to ensure the most efficient use of payroll resources.
- To respond to telephone and written enquires from managers employees and external agencies from all areas within an agreed timescale to ensure a high level of customer service, including delays and discrepancies in payment and other sensitive issues.
- To provide a basic pension service to staff and management.
- To undertake any other duties the Payroll Manager or Payroll Team Leader may allocate.
Previous Payroll Experience
- NHS Payroll
- Office Admin Experience
- In-depth knowledge of excel and databases
Ability to work on own and in a team
- Team work and self motivated
- Details of previously working in customer focused way
Share this page