Parkfield Primary School
PE and Sports Specialist Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Salary will be dependent on experience and qualifications and be in the following range:
Scale 13 (£19,698-£21,748) pro rata 35 hours per week, (9am to 5pm) term time only plus 3 weeks during the Easter and Summer holidays.
Start date: 1st September 2022
Are you passionate about developing children’s interest in sport and inspiring all children to become active athletes in a school setting which truly values the discipline of PE in developing wellbeing and health?
Are you enthusiastic, versatile and looking for an opportunity to join a school community of collaborative and creative professionals, dedicated to giving all children great learning experiences?
If your answer to these two questions is “Yes” then this role may be for you.
We are looking for someone who has experience working with primary aged children with a passion for PE and Sports to
- Develop the teaching of PE and Sports for all our pupils, working with the PE Leader and delivering high quality PE lessons across the school as part of PPA cover for class teachers
- Work with our Inclusion Leader to provide opportunities for our SEND children to develop coordination and social skills, through individual and group sporting activities
- Work with our Extended School Manager to ensure that the after school sports activities offered are both fun and appropriate to the needs and age groups of the children taking part
- Provide sporting experiences for all our pupils, organise and manage sporting teams, ensure that full advantage is made of all opportunities to take part in sporting events and activities with local schools after school
- Play an important part in the support of our children during lunch times, ensuring that all children have opportunities for a successful play break, encouraging positive behaviour and organising activities and games as needed.
- Provide cover for class teachers across the school on a short-term basis; taking responsibility for agreed learning activities for whole classes, monitoring pupils and assessing, recording and reporting on their achievement, progress and development
- Work alongside teachers to develop their knowledge and confidence in PE
The successful candidate will work well as part of a team, be supportive, nurturing and understanding and will be able to demonstrate:
- the ability to inspire and motivate primary age children, making learning exciting and a positive experience
- the ability to deliver lessons to a whole class
- a range of behaviour management skills with the ability to establish rapport within a classroom with high expectations of learning and behaviour
- self-motivation and initiative
- excellent organisational skills and good time management
- excellent communication, numeracy and literacy skills
- relevant qualifications or experience
An important aspect of the post will be organising and taking children to sporting events and fixtures after the school day.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- A happy school with wonderful children
- A friendly and supportive staff team
- Full training and support
- The chance to help us make a difference
Parkfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required of the successful candidate.
Closing date: 6th February 2022
Interviews: 11th February 2022
To arrange a visit to come and meet us, and to learn more about this exciting role, please contact the school office on 01823 282125
Please apply by using the SCC application form.
An application form and job description can be downloaded by clicking the Apply Now button below or from the school website www.parkfieldschool.co.uk/