The Newt Somerset
The Newt in Somerset has ancient woodland, historic gardens and far-reaching views. It is a unique destination with Hotel, Spa, Restaurants and much more. Visitors can take a tour of the gardens, deer park and cyder press, dine at the Garden Café or our other venues and visit our shops. Expecting to attract some 150,000 visitors per year, The Newt in Somerset is a vibrant and thriving attraction, animated throughout the seasons by special events, workshops and education programmes.
Based in our warehouses at Avalon Farm, the Mobile Newt is an online food delivery service, a new business developed to adapt The Newt Estate during the Covid-19 pandemic. Mobile Newt has proven to be extremely popular and is now thriving, delivering locally to Bath and as far as London daily. Provenance is at the heart of what we do here at The Newt and we pride ourselves on delivering our fresh, quality produce direct to our customers. Working in a business which strives for excellence and an eye for detail, Mobile Newt works with the estate departments to develop new products, increasing our offering and showcasing the best of the estate.
The Picking & Packing Assistants offer exceptional attention to detail and presentation skills while packaging up orders.
You will be instrumental in the success of Mobile Newt.
Good organisational and time management is key, as is being able to work under pressure and the ability to communicate well.
- Pulls and packs product based on daily orders
- Meets specifics of customer orders in a timely manner
- Keeps products separated, organized and in good rotation
- Monitors product quality frequently, reporting problems to mitigate safety issues
- Operates various pieces of equipment (i.e. Electrical Pallet Jacks, etc)
- Reports any mechanical problems and potential health and safety risks immediately
- Utilises continuous improvement mindset and assists in identifying opportunities to improve processes
- Follows good manufacturing practices and required work safe practices
- Maintains a clean, sanitary, and safe work area
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Product knowledge and quality focus, great attention to detail
- Positive attitude and the wiliness to adapt
Benefits: Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- 15% Mobile Newt discount
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities
|Salary||£10 / Hour|
|Experience||Minimum 2 years of experience|
|Location||A359, Hadspen, Bruton, Castle Cary BA7 7NG, UK|
|Expiry date||Wed, 10 Nov 2021|