We are looking for a Premises Technician to join our SSE team on a full time, term time only (39 weeks) basis.
Support Services for Education (SSE) is a traded part of Somerset County Council that specialises in providing schools with a wide variety of support services. We are expanding our Property & Maintenance team with a new Premises Technician role that will make a significant contribution to helping schools stay safe and secure.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
We are looking for a reliable, capable and confident person with the desire to exceed customer expectations. The role will include compliance testing of important facilities and a variety of semi-skilled tasks in and around school sites.
A few things about you
SSE prides itself on its customer care and professionalism and you must be able to work well on your own and with colleagues and customers alike. The ability to communicate well at all levels is therefore an essential requirement, as is the need to be a confident, practitioner level user of IT. Please note that the role requires a need to travel round a rural county where public transport routes are not always available.
Experience of working in any customer facing environment and delivering practical service support would be of interest to us and if this includes experience of working in education, then even better.
The salary for the role is Grade 15, ranging from £15,825 to £16,142 per annum
If you would like to find out more about this role please contact Helen Acreman, Service Manager: SSE Property and Grounds, via HJAcreman@Somerset.gov.uk
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.