Production Operative – Nights
Are you a night owl? Do you like burning the midnight oil? Are you looking for a career opportunity, somewhere you are valued and can work with a great team making amazing food products?
If the answer to all of those questions is yes, then look no further, come and join us at Yeo Valley,Blagdon. Working at our Blagdon site, our largest production site, you’ll undertake a range of tasks which will include the handling of product and operation of equipment, ensuring Health & Safety measures are followed, carrying out quality checks and setting machines up for different products.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking new Team Members to join our diverse, friendly and passionate team. We have a number of different NIGHT positions available across our operational areas in Processing, Production, Packing and Material Handling. Using the skills you currently have you’ll have the opportunity to develop new skills for your future and chosen career pathway with us.
Here is an idea of the roles we have and the things you could be doing:
- Skilled Operators – £11.60 per hour – Use machinery, equipment and tools or Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) to complete tasks as a team member.
- Multi-Skilled Operators – £12.40 per hour – Effectively operate fast moving machinery, train and co-ordinate team members activities; and ensure materials and products are used or moved correctly.
- Technical Operators – £13.50 per hour – Effectively operate fast moving machinery, train and co-ordinate team members activities; and use problem solving skills completing general machinery maintenance and first line fixes.
- Lead Operators – £13.00 per hour – Co-ordinate and communicate the movement and priorities of materials and people resources within the department to be most effective.
- Packing product into trays which are labelled on line
- Clearing out lines and completing washouts at the end of each production run
- Dismantling and setting up the machines for the next shift
- Maintaining good housekeeping and hygiene practices
- Adhering to good Health & Safety practices
- Carrying out quality checks
- Organising the work area, ensuring all tasks are rotated.
- Temperature checking chilled product, ensuring all the cases are the correct amount and the temperatures are to specification.
- Use of Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE).
Sounds interesting, what do I need?
- Good team working skills
- Ability to undertake manual tasks
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication
- Be self motivated
- Basic food hygiene
- Knowledge of HACCP
- Relevant work experience in a production environment
This is a physically active job.
Why should I join the family?
We’re independent, British and proud to be making the highest quality yogurts, desserts and ice cream under the Yeo Valley brand and for many of the UK’s major retailers. Operating from four dairies and two logistics centres in Somerset and Devon, we employ over 1700 staff and produce more than 25% of the UK’s packaged yogurt.
We’re sure you don’t need convincing, but there’s a whole host of benefits that we offer including:
- 20 days holiday allowance increasing based on length of service
- paid breaks
- non-contributory pension scheme
- life cover
- healthcare cash back plan
- cycle to work scheme
- subsidised Yeo Valley products and services
- preferential rates with our partners
- annual bonus (as part of the Employee Benefit Trust, based on company performance for the year)
- learning and development opportunities; we’re committed to ensuring all of our employees have the chance to grow
Our closing dates are a guide for when the application window should close, although we may close the advert sooner if we can. So, we recommend you get your application in straight away – and don’t miss the opportunity to join us!
Unfortunately, we’re not able to provide employment sponsorship to candidates at this moment in time.
Please note that Yeo Valley do not accept speculative agency applications; we will only accept applications from preferred suppliers that have been submitted to us via our recruitment portal at the point of instruction.